She Seemed Nice

Mikey's pov

Happily, I watched through the side window of the front door as Y/n caught a ride home with Frank and Ray. I can't believe she kissed me... my memories of her from when we were kids are still there... faded... but there...

"She seemed nice." Gerard spoke from behind me as I stepped away from the window.

"Yeah, she is nice." I spoke, thinking of her. We walked into the living room as mom came inside.

"I'm home!" She called, "How was your first day?" Gerard and I looked to each other.

"Good..." I said.

"As good as a first day can be." Gerard spoke.

"Good, I saw Frank's truck parked outside, are the boys here?"

"Nah, they just left." Gerard explained. She hummed and walked off. I followed her while Gerard disappeared into the basement.

"Hey ma'?" I asked as we now stood in the kitchen, "Do you remember Y/n? From when we were little?" She smiled.

"Yeah, why?"

"Cause, I saw her at school today."

"Really? I thought she moved..."

"She just, went to the other middle school."

"Did you talk to her?"

"Yeah, we're kinda friends again."

"Aw, that's great..."

"Yeah..." My mind began to buzz with thoughts of her. Then, the front door opened. Sounds of laughter from Frank and Ray travelled to us. I left the room and went to them.

"Hey," Frank greeted.

"Sup," He held a piece of paper in his hand.

"This, is for you!" I grabbed it before following them downstairs to Gerard's room. The three of them began talking as I examined the folded piece of paper.

"What's that?" Gerard asked, sitting on the ragged old couch facing the tv. I shrugged.

"It's from Y/n!" Ray sang.

"Y/n!? Oh..." I sat beside my brother before unfolding it. Ray and Frank looked over my shoulders from behind the couch while Gerard gazed from where he sat.

"What's it say?" Frank asked.

"Let me read it!" I cried, then gazed down at the neatly written letters.

Thanks for showing me around today, I'll see you tomorrow xo

Her number was written at the bottom.

"She likes you." Said Frank.

"Yeah..."

"Uhuh, it's so obvious." I looked to them.

"How can you tell!? She's probably just being nice."

"Dude, she gave you her number! She wants you." I hummed, still unsure.

"But," Ray began, "Does he like her?" Their eyes were on me.

"I dunno..." I shrugged, "We've known each other for a day!"

"That's not true," Gerard began, getting up and grabbing a Coke from his mini fridge sat across the room, "They've known each other since they were kids."

"Wait, you know!?" I asked.

"Yeah, it wasn't hard to figure out," I hummed. The two boys sent confused glances, "They were best friends in elementary school." Gerard explained, sitting back down beside me.