𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

"Movie first or rehearsing?"

Elliot sat down on the couch in Owen and Charlie's apartment, her eyes flickering up to the Gillespie boy. "Considering we film this scene first thing tomorrow, I say we rehearse."

"Let's start, then."

Charlie sat down next to the girl as they both got out their scripts. The scene they were told to rehearse was a breakup scene between their characters. In the show at this point, Crystal could see the chemistry between Luke and Julie growing and felt like she couldn't hold Luke back any longer, so she lets him go.

"I'm not looking forward to this scene, it's so emotional." Charlie laughed, Elliot joining him soon after.

They mumbled something about agreeing to start, and Elliot started with her lines.

"Hey, Luke. Can we talk?"

Charlie nodded, "Of course, Crys. What's going on? You look upset."

"I think we should break up." Elliot was supposed to say it rather dryly, and she succeeded.

Charlie's character was supposed to look shocked and even shed a tear or something.

"Woah, woah, Crys what do you mean?" He freaked out and grabbed one of her hands.

Elliot chuckled and shook her head, "I see the way you look at her, Luke. You two are meant to be."

"I swear nothing happened."

"I never thought anything did." she softly smiled, pain evident in her face. "We're just not as in love as we once were. You and Julie though—"

"Crys." Charlie whispered, tears in his eyes.

She reached up and cupped Charlie's cheek with one of her hands, "No hard feelings, Lu. I swear. Some people are in your life only for a season, and I guess that's what we were for each other."

"You sure?" Charlie leaned into Elliot's hand, both of them with tears in their eyes. Elliot nodded at the boy.

"100%."

This was when they were supposed to kiss.

Elliot turned Charlie's face and kissed his cheek, figuring she'd leave the emotion filled lip kiss til when they were actually filming the scene - to make it seem more real.

"Now, go get your girl." She patted his cheek and they both leaned in to let their foreheads rest against each other's, seeing as that was where the scene was meant to end.

"Run it again?" Charlie questioned, sitting back up.

Elliot nodded in agreement, they truly needed to get the emotion right in the scene for it to be convincing.

After running through the scene 3 more times, Elliot and Charlie settled on running through it once more to make sure they had it down perfect. Practice makes perfect, right?

"You sure?" Charlie asked the girl as they got toward the end of the scene.

Elliot nodded, a forced smile on her face, "100%."

The girl went to kiss Charlie's cheek when Charlie suddenly cupped her face in his hands. A gasp left the girl's mouth when the boy brought their faces together, their lips connecting. This kiss was supposed to be different than all the other kisses Crystal and Luke shared, those kisses were all innocent and pure while this one was supposed to have 10x more passion. It definitely did.

Elliot felt herself getting lost in the kiss. Her hands on Charlie's chest, his shirt gripped in her fists. Charlie's hands still held Elliot's face, his thumbs occasionally caressing her cheeks.

The closing of the door to the apartment and the flash of blond hair leading back toward the bedrooms made Elliot sick to her stomach when her and Charlie pulled apart.

Without sparing Charlie another glance, Elliot hops off the couch and makes a run for Owen's room. Luckily, she made it before he locked himself inside.

"Owen." she whispered.

He looked at her, tears in his eyes but also a look of anger on his face. "Please, leave."

"It's not what it looks like."

Owen let out a venom filled laugh, "Oh, so it doesn't look like you lead me on?"

Elliot swore she was going to throw up from all of the emotions swirling through her body at the moment.

"Charlie and I were rehearsing a scene." she attempted to explain, "The scene where Crystal and Luke break up, you know there's a kiss there."

Owen gestured toward the living room of his apartment, "Does Charlie know you were acting? Cause that kiss looked a little too real for acting."

Elliot didn't want to admit that she'd forgotten they were rehearsing halfway through her kiss with Charlie. She swallowed harshly at the thought.

"Owen." she whispered once again.

He raked his fingers through his hair, "I can't talk about this right now, Elliot. I need you to leave."

Even though she so desperately wanted to stay and work things out with the boy, she knew she needed to respect his wishes. So, without another word, Elliot turned around and walked out of Owen's room.

Charlie stood up from the couch upon seeing Elliot. "Don't." She mumbled, shaking her head at him as she walked straight out of the apartment.

Elliot didn't care at this point that she'd promised Charlie a movie night. She wasn't in the right mindset for anything right now. There was a 99% chance she'd just ruined anything she could've possibly had with Owen and her heart ached because of it.

"El?" Tom asked when he saw the puffy eyes girl walk into their apartment.

She walked straight into Tom's arms, her head dropping on his chest. Quiet sobs wracking through her body.

Tom rubbed his hand comfortingly over her back, "Tell me what happened."

"I ruin everything."

❤︎
𝚒'𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢

𝚘𝚔, 𝚗𝚘 𝚒'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝. 𝚒 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚊.