Shiftys much needed talk

<When Whisp was 11 and before Shifty met (his sweetheart) Shirley>

Shifty was at home crying on the couch as Lifty said, "Bro this again?" Shifty sniffs and said, "I can't help it. My heart breaks for my lover." Lifty said as he scoffs in annoyance, "Do you even know what or who she was? She was probably using you for attention." Shifty started to whimper and said, "B-B-but.." Lifty rolled his eyes before a knock at the door was heard. Lifty assumes it was the police before opening it and said, "Hello?" Lifty looked around before a familiar voice said, "Umm down here." Lifty looked to see Whisper who was returning Shiftys fedora cause Shifty forgot it. Shifty asked on the couch, "Who is it the cops?" Lifty replied, "No it's just the kid who hates the cops." Whisp then said, "Hi. I'm here to return this fedora. I woulda been here sooner but I didn't bring my bike today." Lifty takes the hat and said, "Shifty was wondering where this was. Thanks anyway kid." Whisp said, "Your welcome." Lifty sighs hearing Shifty cry again before Whisp can leave Lifty said, "Hold on for a minute kid." Whisp looks at him before Lifty asked, "Can you help me with something for a moment?" Whisp then said, "Okay besides I like helping people." Lifty said as he sighed in relief, "Well good to hear. I'm having trouble with Shifty he's having some kinda "love crisis." And I can't get him to stop and get over it can ya help me?" Whisp nodded and said, "Okay. Besides if it was my biological brothers Xander and Oblivion I do the same." Lifty let's Whisp in as the 11 year old raccoon sees Shifty crying on the couch and thought, "Whoa he wasn't actually kidding. Though without his hat he and Lifty look so much a like." Whisp walks to Shifty and pats him on the head. Even though Shifty and Lifty were known as criminals one of the people they haven't robbed was Whisper Willowquim or 'kid' as they usually call him due to the fact he is a kid and is was just cause they just like calling him kid. Though there are two reasons why Lifty and Shifty don't rob someone as sweet as Whisp 1. 'Cause Whisper is too sweet to be robbed or mugged other wise they get hunted down and killed by Whispers scary biological brothers especially Kyle and the fact he gives the two an extra bit of his left over lunch or snack to them when they get hungry' and 2. 'They heard Whisper hated the cops cause they arrested his father for the wrong reason and they kinda respected the fact that he hates the police.' Whisper asked Shifty, "Hey don't be sad Shifty." The older raccoon took one look at Whisp and said, "Easy for you to say kid ya don't know how it feels getting your heart busted to pieces." Whisp then said with a stern voice, "Look if she broke your heart it's her fault besides she wasn't right for you. Whoever she is. But I'm sure you will find someone else who actually likes you for who you are." Shifty sniffs and said looking at Whisp with teary eyes, "Re-Really kid?" Whisp said chuckling, "Come in would I lie to you?" Shifty wipes his tears and said, "No I guess you wouldn't kid." Shifty thought as he finally started to cheer up, "What a nice kid. Though he is right I'll find someone someday who actually loves me for who I am." Lifty then heard a knock on the door and it was Temper who needed to talk to Lifty for a moment. Temper came in and said, "Do you have time to talk Lift?" Lifty then said, "Yeah. Though in case ya don't know your lovers nephew is here." Temper sees Whisp and said, "How's it going Rebel-mouse?" Lifty asked, "Rebel-mouse?" Whisp turns to Shifty and Lifty as he said, "Didn't I tell you? Just like my grandmother I'm getting all kinds of silly and goofy nicknames from the people in Happytreetown though I only got a few and Ms. Temper was the first." Temper chuckled and said, "Guilty as charged." Everyone laughed before Temper said picking up his soon to be nephew, "Come in Rebel-Mouse I promise your aunt we take you to the festival." She turns to Lifty and Shifty and said, "Wanna join us?" Lifty and Shifty nodded as the four walked to the festival and that's when Shifty first met Shirley.