21. Break

Jeff

"There you are! You don't look very bloody, what happened?" I said disdainfully as I wrapped an arm around Thomas's shoulders.

"Oh you should've seen it, he ripped open a guy's ribcage and quite literally ate his heart out," Chelsea snickered as she unlocked the car, Snow jumping in instantly to clean herself off.

"You dog," I cackled and he pushed me off, climbing into the passenger seat before I hopped in back with Snow.

"Am I good? No sticky red stuff?" Snow asked and gave her a good once over before nodding.

"Unfortunately," I said with a sultry grin and she socked me in the arm.

"Alright if we're all clean and presentable let's head into town," Chelsea chirped as she started the car, pulling out onto the road while Thomas hung his head out the window like a dog with a smoke in his hands.

Everything was quiet as we parked on the side of the street, a convenience store with buzzing lights to our left and some closed down shops on our right. Thomas and Snow both hopped out before Chelsea even got the chance to ask them what they wanted and Thomas dropped his cigarette on the ground, tossing back a grin.

"I've got to take a leak, we'll be right back!"

"What, do you need a fuckin' buddy?" I snorted.

"I have to pee too, asshole!"

Snow flipped me off and I blew her a kiss before the two of them disappeared into the bushes, turning back toward the store as I perused the shelves as best I could from out here. Just as Chelsea closed the door I spotted a familiar label and slapped the glass, rolling down the window just enough for her to hear me.

"Grab that bottle! The one with the dragon!"

"Fuck's sake, you really are an alcoholic," she rolled her eyes while I offered a sheepish grin, watching her walk in and grab the bottle off the shelf before she grabbed anything else.

Snow and Thomas eventually returned and Chelsea came back out with two bags in hand, tossing a Red Bull to Thomas while she handed the bottle back to me. I revealed it to the beautiful girl beside me and she did a double take before she took the bottle in her hands.

"No way," she laughed, her eyes bright as she grinned, "you actually remembered this? From over a fucking year ago?"

"Oh, so it was to schmooze her," Chelsea snorted, the sound of Thomas cracking the can echoing in the car.

"Oh my God I haven't had one of these cold in months," he groaned after tipping the energy drink back, "thank you so much."

"I figured you'd like one— so we'll head back to the park and actually camp out for the night."

"Is that even allowed right now?"

"Does it look like I give a shit if it isn't?"

"Touché," I laughed as she pulled a U-turn, heading back out to the park.

In her defense there were a few other cars parked around the area and I could see a fire in the distance through the trees, everyone grabbing their things before we started into the forest. I'd never actually camped out in the old fashioned sense before but once we found a good spot Thomas and Chelsea started to set up the tent while Snow grabbed the things to start a fire. Eventually everything was set and Chelsea put a pot of water on the logs, Snow kicking back with her bottle of wine and Thomas tossing me a bag of chips. While I couldn't feel the fire much the smell was nice and I could tell Snow was enjoying it.