24. Jawbreaker

Kitty

We waited until nightfall, the clock striking close to midnight when Chelsea finally started the engine, starting toward the house while Thomas directed her. I strapped my mask on as we exited the car and she stayed behind to be the getaway driver while Jeff, Thomas and I stalked toward the home. I was almost surprised there weren't any cops here waiting for Nina to come back for the kill but I counted it as the good lord of Death shining down on me to do my job properly.

"Locked, they must've wised up after we came busting in here," Jeff whispered, Thomas moving around back while I checked windows. A whistle sounded and we moved around to where Tom was, his arm stuck through a cat flap as he unlocked the back door.

"Take the parents," I snarled under my breath, "I've got the brat."

"Yes ma'am."

I flicked my knives around while I went for Claudia's door, opening it ever so slowly before I let myself in. She slept soundly, probably finding comfort in the delusion that her problems were over now that Nina was missing, but fuck was she mistaken. I grabbed her hair and her eyes fluttered open before I dragged her from the bed, throwing her to the floor and catching her wrist while she feebly swung a knife at me. Rage flared in my body when I recognized the black and red blade, my boot coming down on her chest as I slammed my knife into her arm to make her drop it. Her scream echoed through the house and it was all I could do not to grin.

"Where the fuck is Nina?!"

"There's n-no way!" She shook her head as I grabbed my knife back, "she was lying, she had to be! You're not real, you're not real—!"

"Oh I'm fucking real alright!"

I pulled her up by her hair again and slammed her face into the floor, her nose cracking on the hardwood and painting her face with blood. The boys were too busy at the moment to come check on the commotion but I wasn't complaining. I wanted some alone time with this little predator. She was taller than Nina and myself, with a pretty face that was a lot prettier now that her nose was flattened. The expensive electronics and high-end logos on everything in her room reeked of a prissy, spoiled bitch with nothing better to do than bully kids like my cousin, a cheer uniform sitting out on her desk and boy band posters staring back at us from the walls. Makes me gag.

"Where did you get this knife?" I waved it in front of her face while she wailed in despair. "I gave this to Nina. What did you do to her?!"

"Y-You're K-K-Kitty...!" She trembled as she whined.

"Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner," I purred, "but I prefer to be called Snow when I'm about to slice into ya."

"I don't know what happened to Nina!" She screamed like a banshee while I pulled back on her hair, "she wanted to fight me last night so I showed up and she went berserk!"

"Funny, because I visited her brother Chris in the hospital today," I said as I whipped the red blade out in front of her eyes, "said you and your two dead friends attacked him. I'd say she was trying to even the score."

"I— I—!"

"You messed with my family," I growled into her ear as the floor creaked behind me, "and you thought I wouldn't show up? And they call me the crazy one."

"Damn baby, you really are scary when you want to be."

Jeff moved around to stand in front of her, Claudia's eyes widening when she saw him covered in blood, his knife still dripping with red. She tried to look away but I held her head there as he crouched to eye level and got right in her face. I could see his pale features reflected in her eyes, her pupils no more than black pinpricks of terror as he grinned.