fourty two

i tied my hair up in a ponytail, taking a sip of draco's water and flopping back on the bed. i'd just gone through another week of withdrawal, and it was entirely my own fault. if i had just listened to everyone and not used compulsion on blaise to get more, i would have been nearly three weeks clean bu now.

i still hadn't been entirely truthful with everyone though. when draco took me back to my dorm room last week, i made a big show of emptying all of the drugs in my pockets down the toilet, insisting that that was all i had. it wasn't. i hadn't fetched all of blaise's stash to the astronomy tower that night. most of it was actually still under the floorboard in the back of our dorms wardrobe, just incase i ever needed it. i didn't intend to go back on drugs, but i couldn't give the power up completely. i never knew when i would need it again.

'who did you get them off anyway?' draco asked again. he'd asked this question a lot tonight, and every time i'd fobbed him off. he'd also, repeatedly, asked exactly what i'd done with blaise that time i kicked him out of his dorm. he was a lot of things, but he wasn't stupid, he'd figure it out at some point. i sighed 'it was blaise. i got them off blaise'. his jaw tensed. 'what? blaise gave you drugs?'.
'not on purpose' i said shiftily. i wasn't particularly looking forward to admitting it, but there was a very good chance draco would end up murdering blaise if i let him take the fall for it. 'what do you mean, not on purpose?'
'i, um, kindofusedcompulsiononhimtoforcehimtogivemedrugs'
'you what?' draco blinked 'repeat that in english?'
'i used compulsion on him to force him to give me drugs' i huffed 'and before you lecture me, i know. it was wrong. blah blah blah. but he doesn't remember it, i made him forget so he wouldn't feel guilty. so no harm done, really'.
'your a liability elizabeth, do you know that?' draco said lightly, pulling me into his chest and drumming his fingers on my side. 'are you mad?' i asked quietly. 'no' he smiled 'i'm not mad. i'm just glad your okay'.

'i'm gonna miss you when the holidaysstart next week' i sniffed.
'yeah. me too. at least you get to see your parents for christmas though' draco sighed. i kind of got the feeling that he wasn't looking forward to seeing his parents. 'that's the thing though' i huffed 'i don't. i'm spending christmas here, alone. you, emma and lily are all going home and abandoning me so i'm totally friendless'.
'you don't have to be' draco said quickly 'friendless i mean. you could have me'.
'you would cancel going home to stay with me?'
'unfortunately not' he sighed 'there's no getting out of going home. but you could come with me'.
'really' i sat up, turning to look at him 'your parents wouldn't mind?'
'why should they?' he shrugged 'there always nagging me to bring a friend home for christmas. they never said it couldn't be a girl'. i grinned, kissing him lightly on the lips before swinging my feet off the bed and standing up. 'where are you going?' he frowned, using his hand to wipe his fringe out of his face.
'to wash my hair and pack, obviously' i smiled, kissing him lightly again before turning to leave.