6-Honestly

*leahs pov*

Sometimes I can have really good days, those are the best days. When I don't overthink or stress about things. Those days give me a
chance to breathe.

But I can also have really bad days. They suck ass, and I usually distance myself from everyone. I'd rather just sit in this emptiness alone, without having anyone to check up on me or feel bad for me.

Anyways, today is one of those days. I started my period, while I was asleep. Which is the worst. Andy threw up all over the kitchen floor. And I was late for work...again.

I'm sitting in my office as I'm on my computer. Then I remember I didn't take my medicine, but luckily it's in my purse, so I go ahead and take it.  

Right after I swallow them, I get a call from my boss, asking me to come see him in his office. I head down the hall and make my way to his office.

"You wanted to see me?" I say once I walk in. "Yes, take a seat." He nods and keeps his eyes on his computer screen. I sit down in front of his desk, and he clears his throat. "How was your weekend?" He asks and turns to me. "Um-...it was average." I shrug. "I'm sorry to hear that." He says and I nod.

"And I'm also sorry for what I'm about to say." He says and I raise one brow. He takes a deep breath and tilts his head. "We have to let you go..." He says and my jaw drops.

"Y-you're firing me..." I ask quietly. "I'm sorry, but with you being late all the time, and leaving work before your shift ends....we had to let people go anyways." He shrugs and I sigh. "I'm the best worker here, and you can't fire me just because I'm 10 minutes late sometimes." I say getting frustrated. "It's not professional Leah.." He says. "Oh- fuck professional! I'm not professional?! Look at Jane and Davis, they fuck in the lounge room every tuesday. Is that professional??" I say and stand up. He looks surprised and just shakes his head.

"This is about you." He says. "Oh my god- you know what I'm tired of this place anyways. And I'm tired of you too." I say and push a stack of files off his desk. "Fuck you a-and your...dead plants." I say trying to insult him with something.

He turns to his plants, and I walk out and slam the door. I quickly walk down to the hall to my office, and put all my belongings in a box, which wasn't much since I never really decorated my office.

I go out to the hall and go to the front office. The lady at the front desk stares at me and I just give her an annoyed look. I go out to my car, throw my shit in the back, and get in the front seat. "Shit!" I say and hit the steering wheel.

I lay my head down on the wheel then I hear a tap on the window. I look up and see jen standing there with her head tilted. I roll down the window and look at her. "What are you doing?" I ask. "I could ask you the same thing." She says and looks at my box of stuff in the back seat.

"Di-did you get fired?" She asks and I nod my head yes. "Jesus, I'm sorry Leah." She shakes her head. "Yeah me too..." I sigh. "Is there anything I can do?" She asks and fumbles with her fingers. "Nope, not really." I shrug.

"I can stop by later if you want?" She suggests. "You don't have to." I shake my head. "But I want to." She tilts her head. "Ok..." I say and she forced a smile. "I'll see you later, get some rest." She says and touches my shoulder before going back into the building.

I drive back home, and do exactly what she told me what to do. I went straight upstairs and fell asleep. I knew I would've just cried and been stressed out if I stayed up, so I went to sleep.

I slept for a good 3 hours, until I was woken up. I fluttered my eyes open, and I saw her figure standing there. "I thought you'd be hungry, so I brought food." Jennifer says quietly as I sit up. "How did you get in?" I ask in a tired voice. "You left the front door unlocked, which was t very smart." She says and I roll my eyes. "Where's the food?" I ask since I am hungry. "In the kitchen." She says.

I slowly get up and follow her into the kitchen. "How did you know what I like?" I ask as she hands be the food. "Just guessed." She shrugs and I smile. "Thankyou." I say softly and open it. "Of course. How are you?" She asks.

"Well, I just lost my job. But I have food now, so that's a plus." I shrug and she smiles. "I'm really sorry."She says and rubs my arms. "It's ok, it's not your fault. I was gonna quit anyways." I sigh and she sits beside me.

"Just don't think about it." She tilts her head and I force a chuckle. "Well what else am I supposed to think about?" I shake my head. "Mmmm." She looks up and thinks. I giggle and take a bite of my food.

"You can think about me." She smiles and bites her lip. "You know you're all that, don't you?" I giggle. "Pretty much." She scrunches her nose. "Well that's a good thing." I nod. "Well you're 'all that' too." She says and I scoff. "You're sweet." I say and continue to eat my food.

"And I'm honest." She nods and I look at her like she's stupid. She just smiles and shrugs her shoulders.