episode 4: final selection

"Tomioka-san are you ok now?" Shinobu asked him. He smiled at her as he patted her head.

"Yeah i am fine now. Thanks for worrying about me kocho, even if i don't deserve it." She pouted at him.

"Don't say that tomioka-san, i care about you thats why."

"But why? I don't understand why you would care about me." She started blushing. Giyu smirked internally at her cute and red face.

I decided to save shinobu from futher embarrassment.

"Lets just start this episode shall we? Giyu, you are going to be interested in this one." I said as i started the episode.

Recap of the last episode.

*opening*

"The reason i won... was because i learned to detect the scent of the opening thread.

When i am battling someone, and i pick up this scent, then i can see the thread.

The thread is connected from my blade to my opponent's opening, growing taut the instant i see it.

My blade is drawn toward it with great force, and then i slash the opening.

"Mr urokodaki..."

"I had no intention of sending you to final selection.

I didn't want to see children die anymore. I was sure you wouldn't be able to slice this boulder, but...

Well done, my boy!

Tanjiro, you're... a remarkable kid!"

Tanjiro started to cry at his words.

"Make sure you come back alive from final selection. Both your sister and i will be waiting for you here."

"What's the occasion? There's so much."

"You've completed all your training, so we're celebrating. Don't be shy. Eat up."

"Thank you so much."

"Tanjiro, there's nothing more i can do for you. From here on out, you'll be going through such hardship and strife.

Your training will seem like nothing in comparison. So, for now, at least, you should rest well without a care in the world."

Tanjiro is cutting his hair. Then mr urokodaki said that demons get stronger by how many humans they have eaten.

Then he is given a warding mask.
Tanjiro said goodbye to nezuko, the next day, promising to be back.

"Don't worry about your sister. I'll take good care of her."

"Alright! Thank you very much! I'll be going, then, mr urokodaki! Say hello to sabito and makomo for me!"

"Tanjiro how do you... know the names of those dead children?"

"Wait dead?! They are dead?!" Zenitsu said while shivering.

"Yes sadly. They are dead." I said solemnly. Everyone was shocked to hear that. Giyu turned away from screen.

"Oh is that why you said to wait until the next episode author-chan." Mitsuri figured it out.

I nodded my head. "Yep!!"

Shinobu is still concerned about giyu. 'Tomioka-san i hope you are ok. I don't like seeing you upset, it hurts me.' She thought sadly.