20. Never

Rebecca Sullivan:

"Hermione, what should we do? What if he won't take the potion?"

"Do you know where he is going? I mean, where's the cabinet?" Hermione stressed.

"It's in the room of requirement. What are you thinking?"

"We need to follow him, we need to come up with something, we just need to know how much time we have."

"Hermione, I won't be able to keep going without him in my life. I need him, I need him to remember me," I cried.

Hermione sighed, "I know Rebecca, but we all might die anyway. You can't be selfish right now."

I guess she's right. But I won't be able to fight this war without him. I need him by my side. And I need to keep him safe.

"I know Hermione, but how am I going to protect him if he's only going to keep pushing me away?"

"Listen, we'll figure this out. But right now, we have to prioritize, and Voldemort is coming. And we might win this war, if only we get to find the last hidden Horcrux before he gets to Harry. We need to know how much time we have," Hermione pleaded.

"Ok, I will try my best to keep it together, but I'm broken. I'm broken without him."

I really felt broken, I felt like an empty shell.

"I will talk to Sam, Carlin and Blaise. Maybe they know something. Can we meet back here in an hour or two?"

"Let's say two, I'm counting on you, Rebecca," Hermione said with a soft voice.

I didn't want to make her disappointed, I wanted to help. If they can kill Voldemort, I won't have to worry about Draco either.

I nodded as an answer and started to walk to the commons. Sam and Carlin were sitting on the couch, holding hands. It felt like a knife stabbed me right in the heart, it was hard. It just made me think about what Draco and I had before all this.

"Bex!" Sam shouted and ran up to me and pulled me close in an embrace.

She stood back, still holding her hands on my shoulders, "How are you?"

"I'm ok, I guess," I lied.

"Draco talked to Carlin and Blaise, it feels like he's starting to warm up. He asked about you," Sam said softly.

I could feel tears coming again, he asked about me.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"He's gone again, he's anxious about his task you know," Carlin said from the couch.

"Did he tell you about the memory potion?" I said lowly.

"Yes, but he's really not trusting Granger, you know. I don't blame him either, why would she want to help him?"

I sighed, "It's not about helping Draco, it's about winning the war. Voldemort might kill Draco if he fails, but you know who he really wants to kill."

"But how is helping Draco helping Potter?" Carlin asked confused.

"They just need to know how much time they have, if Draco could remember me, remember us, he might cooperate. If they succeed, Voldemort will be gone forever, and Draco doesn't have to worry about the task at all," I almost whispered.

"Why don't you just try to ask him about it?"

"You think he would trust me, I girl he doesn't even remember knowing, with that information?" I hissed.