32. Relief

Rebecca Sullivan:

"Bex, let him take care of it. Let him do it, don't go after him, let him finish his own war," Sam said as she tried to stop me from going to find Draco.

"I can't let anything happen to him, Sam. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything happens to him," I sobbed, but at the same time I knew that she was right, she often was.

"He can take care of himself you know, let him do this on his own," Sam said calmly as she kept holding me.

I reluctantly gave in.

I was trying to catch my breath again. This has been too much, Draco becoming a death eater, his father erasing his memory, me befriending Hermione who helped me get Draco back, his father threatening to kill me, his father trying to kill me, Voldemort wanting Draco dead, me believing that Draco did help to kill Harry, Harry and Draco apparently working together, me thinking Draco was dead to find out that he's not but have gone to get his revenge on his father. This was too much, just too much. I wanted Draco and me to have a pleasant and unproblematic future together.

After a while, Carlin came to join us on the floor.

"Haven't found him?" He asked carefully as he closed his eyes like he didn't want to know the answer.

"We did," I said flatly.

He opened his eyes, hesitantly, "And?"

"He's not here," I answered as I gazed up at the ceiling.

"Merlin, Bex. Carlin is worried as well," Sam said almost irritably, "he went to find his father, his safe, we believe," Sam said calmly as she looked at Carlin.

Carlin sighed, "Bloody hell, I actually started to expect the worst for a while, don't scare me like that, Bex," he pleaded.

I couldn't care less, I was empty. I couldn't comprehend everything that was going on. I just wanted Draco, I wanted him back, needed him back.

"We might not even have to go home. Dumbledore and the others are fixing everything that was destroyed, they've already done a lot. I think they'll be finished by tomorrow, we might even have classes again within two days," Carlin said, looking at Sam with a warm smile.

How can he care about the bloody school right now, people have died. Draco is still missing, well, we know where he is, but he's not here, and he wants to talk about Hogwarts?

My face might've revealed me, "What, Bex? I'm sorry I'm tired of all the fucking sad shit we've been going through lately, I'm sorry that I can't talk about it. I much rather talk about school, like everything is normal than talking about the bloody war," Carlin hissed.

I've never seen him like this.

"I'm sorry Carlin, I didn't mean it like that," I said, still in shock because of his outburst.

"No, Carlin. You're a bit unfair now, at least we have each other. Bex is still missing Draco, let her be," Sam said softly as she stroked his cheek lightly with the back of her hand.

"He's my friend too, you know," Carlin said lowly.

We sat in silence for a while until Carlin interrupted again, "Do you think he'll, you know, kill him?" He asked carefully.

"I actually hope so," Sam said guiltily.

"Me too," I whispered.

I've never met someone as pure evil as Lucius Malfoy, I got shivers down my spine just thinking about him. Well, of course, we have Voldemort, but I don't even know if he counts as a 'someone'.