41. Broken

Draco Malfoy:

She found someone, someone who could make her happy. Or at least it looked like it, he stood close by her side, almost looking protective. He does not belong with her, he does not belong with her because that's my place. I was the one protecting her, and for the last years, I had protected her from me.

I want to be happy for her, but at the same time, I'm furious. Who is this guy, and why is he with my Rebecca? She's mine.

The browned-haired guy said hi, but I couldn't hear his name, I kept looking at Rebecca. Why didn't she say anything?

"Rebecca?" I heard the guy say.

I could see her nodding, why doesn't she talk?

"Are you OK?" He asked.

She just nodded again.

Her face was different, she looked older, she was older. It's been six years, so what did I expect?

I kept looking at her, waiting for her reaction. She didn't move, she didn't speak.

"I'll leave you two," the guy said as he looked at me.

It felt like I interrupted something, what if she was happy with him, and now I just ruined everything? Ruined her happiness? That's not why I came back, but how am I supposed to just accept this? Seeing her with someone else? Someone new?

"No, it's fine. I'll leave, I didn't mean to interrupt," I reluctantly said as I looked at Rebecca, waiting for her to asking me to stay.

She didn't say anything.

I waited for a couple of seconds, still hoping for Rebecca to say something, but I got nothing but silence.

I tried to force a smile before I walked away, dragging my feet behind me.

Fuck.

I don't know how to behave, I love her, I still love her. Not a day has passed without me thinking about her, without me dreaming about meeting her again and now I finally did. And I walked away, I just walked away.

How can I give up this easily? Why didn't she say something?

Seeing her with that guy hurt, it really did. I was sad and furious at the same time. I knew that I wanted her to move on, I wanted her to live her life, but now that I could see that she did, I couldn't accept it. I just couldn't.

This was not how it's supposed to end? It was Rebecca, and me no matter what.

I knew I made a mistake when I never sent her that letter, I never sent it. It took me one year to realize my mistake, one year, that was too long. I couldn't send her a letter one year later, asking her to forgive me? I didn't want to hurt her, I didn't want her to be unhappy, and I didn't want her not to live her life just because I couldn't be there.

I've been trying to stay away from her, but now I thought it was time to come back. I thought I could do it, I thought that I could see her without feeling like this. How could I be that naive? Of course, I would feel something, I felt it all to be honest. I never felt more actually. I wanted to scream, I wanted to kiss her, I wanted to hit that guy right in the face, I wanted him gone.

What am I going to do?

Should I stay here, be strong and let her be? Or should I leave again? Trying to forget her? It might be easier to forget her now when I know that she found someone else?

I didn't know what to do, I might need to accept this, I might need to accept that she's moved on.

I've been on the run for six years, and now I finally got to come back, I thought I would be happy, I thought that I would be relieved. But I'm not, I miss it, being on the run really took my mind off things but now it was too real, I mean she was right there. Right in front of me. With him.