37. Let Go

Rebecca Sullivan:

Draco and I kept sending each other letters, I got one at least every other day. Ever time I received a letter I felt a lot better, it felt like he wasn't completely gone.

"Come on everyone," I heard Hagrid scream as we were about to enter the boats from Hogwarts. Today was the last day, the graduation ceremony had been beautiful, even though I cried during most of it. The only thing left now was leaving Hogwarts with the same enchanted boats that we arrived with the first day of our first year, it was very emotional.

As the boats started to float away I looked back, seven magical years it's been, literally. I've learned so much here, I grew up here, and I met Draco Malfoy here.

I remembered what I said to Sam at the beginning of this year; that my worst fear would be to leave Hogwarts without him, without Draco, and now that is exactly what I'm doing. Draco is mine though, but he's not here. I wonder where he is right now?

I looked at Sam, she was crying as well, holding Carlin's hand.

Blaise sat beside Hermione, and Harry and Ron sat close by.

My eyes were red and swollen from all crying, I'll really miss this, all my friends, the castle, my dorm, even the teachers.

"Come here," Sam cried and grabbed me with her other hand.

I squeezed it a little, showing her that I heard her.

"Were finally free," Carlin said as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

Sam slapped Carlin, "Just admit you'll miss it too," she said sounding frustrated.

"I'll only miss being with all of you guys, but not school," Carlin said with a stupid grin on his face.

"I'll miss it," Harry said dreamingly, "I found my own family here," he continued looking at Ron and Hermione.

I saw Hagrid wipe a tear from his cheek with his huge thumb.

"I'll miss Hogwarts," I said as I looked back, "I have loved almost every single day here, if it hadn't been for Hogwarts I would've never met you either," I said as a smile started to grow on my face.

Merlin, I wish Draco could be here with me.

We had decided to go directly to Carlin's, spend one week there before we all went home to our parents. It felt good, to be honest. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to everyone and everything the same day, and I didn't want to be alone.

"I brought the portkey," Carlin said, leaning back.

"Good job Carlin, you remembered the only thing you were supposed to remember," Blaise chuckled.

"Fuck off, man," Carlin hissed back.

"Please, language!" Sam said as she raised her eyebrows at Carlin.

"Sorry, love," Carlin sighed as he pulled his fingers through his messy brown hair.

"Have you heard from Draco?" Blaise asked, "Ssh," I hissed. I don't know who we can trust, if the wrong person finds out that Draco is sending me letters, they would most definitely bring me in.

"Sorry," Blaise whispered, "We'll talk about that later."

I gave him a small smile and looked at the others, Luna was sitting on the same boat as us.

She had her head buried in one of her books, not seeming to pay too much attention and didn't seem as emotional as we were about leaving Hogwarts.

"I know," she suddenly said softly, and looked up at me, "I know you miss him, I've noticed," she continued and gave me a quick smile before her eyes dropped me for her book again.