Chapter 21 - I'm not marrying him!

Y/N's POV

As much as I knew that the Marionette would be worried for me, I still asked Foxy to drop me off instead. My ribcage needs as much rest as it can get for tomorrows shift and I'm sure Foxy told the Marionette I was fine anyway. As soon as I began relaxing, all these thoughts ran through my head

How would I know if everyone's okay?

How would I know if the Marionette's okay?

Dang, I still need to plan on how I'm going to get the animatronics back to my house.

What if my ribcage doesn't feel good enough tomorrow and I don't get to see whether the Marionette and my other animatronic friends are okay or not?

I want to go back, but I can't.

I relaxed back into the couch like a ragdoll.

"I think I need some sleep," I said drowsily.

I slowly stood up from the couch. It didn't hurt too bad if I got up slowly. I looked at a picture of my parents and me that hung from the wall. I sighed sadly but continued to limp to the stairs.

Wait, how could I possibly walk up these? I'll fall midway!

I looked back at the couch.

I guess this is my only option.

I stumbled my way back to the couch and adjusted my body to lay down. I took my ice pack off for the night and got myself comfortable. It wasn't easy to fall asleep but I got the hang of it eventually.

~

It was morning but I wanted to head to my shift now. Sounds weird, doesn't it? I mean who would WANT to work? I really just wanted to know if the Marionette was okay. I keep telling myself that he's fine but it just didn't want to get to me. I thought maybe I should go to the pizzeria today, just as a visitor. Good idea. How was I going to get to my room to get changed though? I can't walk up the stairs. I thought about it for a bit. Oh gosh. I really didn't want to have to do that. But it's my only choice...

I crawled up the stairs like a dying grandma. This was so embarrassing even though no one could be watching me right now. Crawling still hurt my ribcage, but not as much as walking. I eventually made it to the top, except now I need to crawl all the way up to my room. I crawled to my room, luckily didn't die on my way there. Sarcasm, hah. Before I reached up for the handle and opened my bedroom door, I took a glimpse at my parent's bedroom. I missed them, but it's been a long time since that incident happened. I twisted the handle and pushed the door open. I decided it's best if I just get up now and walk to get myself dressed. Slowly, I ascended and made my way to the closet. Every step I took, I could feel a harsh pinch in a certain spot on my ribcage. I grabbed some casual clothes in my usual style and put them on. It was really difficult to put my shirt on (or whatever you may wear above your legs) because of my ribcage. I slowly walked out, using the wall for support. I took the opportunity to walk down the stairs this time, just to see how I go. It took at least 10 seconds to go down each step of the staircase, adding up to around 2 minutes of walking down the stairs. I exited out of the front door and into my car. My ribcage felt much more relaxed now and if I was going to be precise, those several minutes of walking have definitely improved my ribcage.

~

I arrived at the pizzeria and left the car, locking it on the way into the pizzeria. I was slightly lopsided but I don't think many people would take notice. I sat down at a 2-seater table and watched the animatronics perform. It was so strange how one day everything could go so wrong and then the next, everyone acts like it was nothing. Chica waved at me and mouthed if I was okay. I gave her a thumbs up and she smiled, continuing to act for the kids.

"Would you like to order anything today ma'am?" A young lady, around my age, asked me.

"Actually, could I have (F/T) pizza with a side of garlic bread?"

"Of course, and would that be all for today?" She said, writing down my order in her little notebook.

"Yes, thank you."

"We'll be back with your order in a bit." With that she walked off, ready to give the chef my order.

I continued to watch the performance and applaud them after every performance. Eventually, my pizza and garlic bread was delivered to my table and I dug in. I looked over at the Marionette's box and saw that he was looking over at me. I took another mouthful of pizza and walked over to the Marionette, lightly clenching onto the side of my waist. Kids preferred to watch the performance rather than listen to the Marionette's music box, so the kids wouldn't hear any of our conversations.

"Are you okay? I've been so worried about you, you're all I've been thinking about!"

"Aw, I'm fine, I just broke my ribcage, death isn't upon me." He didn't seem to be pleased with the 'aw'.

"No one told me if you were okay or not!"

"Foxy didn't tell you?"

"He just shrugged and said he didn't know."

I groaned, seriously Foxy?

"Well, I'm okay."

"I'm glad, tell me what happened when Foxy was at the hospital."

"Well, I woke up and the doctor just gave me instructions on how to heal my ribcage. I didn't really listen to what he said though. Foxy ended up having to carry me bridal style back home."

Marionette seemed confused and pissed and what I said.

"He carried you bridal style? What does that mean? Are you guys getting married?!"

"What!? No!?" 

It was too late. He already climbed out of his box and stormed over to the cove. Guests watched as he stormed into the cove and pinned Foxy to the wall. Everyone heard muffled shouting. I tried to run over to the cove but someone grabbed me from around my shoulder. I turned around to see Mangle holding me.

"Don't. Trust me."

"Mangle, let me go! He doesn't understand what I meant and I can help them talk it through instead of them having to fight!"

"What is he even fighting over?"

"He thinks I'm marrying Foxy, I tried to explain but he wouldn't listen!"

Mangle looked at me.

"Quick question."

"Quick!"

"Do you... like anyone?"

"Why?"

"Out of curiosity, please?"

"If you let me go and help me deal with this fight I will."

With that he sadly let me go and I ran off to deal with the two boys.

Word Count: 1179