Chapter 23

😏Like the song?

Soon, the truth or dare game came to an end. We started placing bets instead. "Okay okay. Hiyoko, Hajime, Chiaki, Nagito, and Ibuki.", I said as silence filled the room. "Who do you think will win at Just dance? Hiyoko is the ultimate traditional dancer, Hajime is the ultimate ultimate, Chiaki is the ultimate gamer, Nagito is the ultimate lucky student, and Ibuki is the ultimate Musician.", I said. All voices came at once. "I'd say Hiyoko would win.", Peko said. "Nah! It's Hajime.", Kazuichi grinned. "Nagito does have luck so maybe Lady Luck would be on his side.", Kaede mumbled. "Yeah but Chiaki is the ultimate gamer.", Tsumugi said. "Ibuki is the ultimate musician and I'd say she knows how to dance.", Maki grumbled. I turned to Shuichi "What do you think?", I asked him. "They would probably end up in a tie..", He said. "Let's test it out then.", Mahiru smiled. Shuichi nodded and began to set up the T.V to some Just dance video. "Place your bets!", I shouted. Voices immediately filled up the room and the contestants walked in front of the T.V. Everyone else sat down and the video started playing. "Oh. I see...Rasputin?", Ibuki grinned. "You bet.", Shuichi smiled. Shuichi sat down on the couch and I plopped down next to him. "Let's see where this takes us.", I muttered. Well...to be fair....rasputin is a good song and of course I know the lyrics. Who wouldn't? But like if you don't....Anyways, the dance is pretty simple in my opinion. I couldn't help hum to the song as I watched everyone dance. Ibuki seemed to struggle with the most simple parts but the complex ones she killed. Hiyoko gave up because "this isn't traditional" What ever do you mean, Hiyoko? This is beauty at its final stage. A traditional ritual performed by the mighty gods and goddesses. Of course she wouldn't get it. Chiaki seemed to be getting it but she was visibly struggling. Nagito and Hajime were battling each other since Lady Luck was indeed on Nagito's side and Hajime is the ultimate ultimate so he knows damn well how to dance. Then, the most complex part came in. Ibuki, Chiaki, And Hiyoko gave up before that so Nagito and Hajime were left. "Alright Hajimeme. It's between you and me.", Nagito deadpanned. Hajime nodded and they both started. Wow. This is fucking gold. I took out my phone and started recording. "ILL FUCKING BEAT YOU NAGITO!", Hajime yelled. "SHUT UP!", Nagito yelled back. The video ended and they both were huffing for breath. "Ha...H-Hajime...I think I...ha..won.", Nagito said as he tried to catch his breath. "No. I did.", Hajime smiled. Nagito took off his shoe and whacked the back of Hajime's head. "Shut up please.", He smiled darkly. "Okay first of all, Fuck you. Second, that hurt. Third, I won. And Fourth, apologize!", Hajime pouted. "I think it was funny.", Mahiru smiled. "I agree with carrot top.", Fuyuhiko grinned. "I think it's a tie.", Chiaki smiled. "Same here.", Himiko yawned. "I'm pretty sure it is a tie.", Korekiyo said. "How about a singing competition?", Kiibo asked. I grinned, "Hell yeah." "It's gonna be Hajime, Nagito, Kokichi, and Ibuki.", Peko said. "I wonder which mortal will win.", Gundahm smiled darkly. Well he always smiles like that...Woah. Imagine if someone started a religion out of him. What a bunch of weirdos. I mean...I am in the Kurtaism cul- Oh never mind. "Bet.", I smirked. "Yeah! Do we get to choose the songs or will you guys choose them?", Ibuki asked. "I think it's fair to let you guys choose what you want to sing.", Mikan mumbled. "Great idea.", Sonia smiled. "I'll sing....Girls!", Ibuki grinned. "I'll sing Arcade.", Hajime said patting Nagito's head. Nagito blushed heavily and nodded. "I...I'll sing Pyjama Pants.", He mumbled as he quietly enjoyed Hajime petting his head. Ha. Love. "What about you Kokichi?", Gonta asked. "I'll sing...Love like you.", I smiled. "Okay it will be karaoke version!", Angie cheered. Shuichi nodded and set up the song for Ibuki. "Okay It's Ibuki first, then nagito, Hajime, and lastly Kokichi.", Kazuichi said. "Yep yep!", Sonia smiled. "So place bets right now!", Miu grinned. "I don't know who's gonna win so i won't be placing any bets. Besides I'm dead broke.", Tenko shrugged. Himiko giggled and nodded. "I'll obviously bet on Kokichi.", She said. "No offense Kokichi, but I'll go with Miss Ibuki.", Kirumi coughed. "No, it's okay!", I smiled reassuringly. "Okay Ibuki. You may start.", Shuichi said. The room went quiet and Mahiru set up a camera and started filming.
I'll admit it. Girl in red is a fucking good musician. Like, can you think of any lesbian artist who can actually express their feeling properly with such deep words?
The song started off with a a cool catchy beat and Ibuki started singing.
" I've been hiding for so long
These feelings, they're not gone
Can I tell anyone?
Afraid of what they'll say
So I push them away
I'm acting so strange..."
Although she clearly isn't hiding that fact that she's a hardcore Lesbian, she really knows how to help out the girls questioning their sexualities.
"They're so pretty, it hurts
I'm not talking 'bout boys, I'm talking 'bout girls
They're so pretty with their button-up shirts"
Gosh, it's catchy. I started to hum to back her up. She shot me a quick grin and continued.
"I shouldn't be feeling this
But it's too hard to resist
Soft skin and soft lips
I should be into this guy
But it's just a waste of time
He's really not my type
I know what I like
No, this is not a phase
Or a coming of age
This will never change"
Woah, that hit pretty hard. Well I don't know what's with people who throw out their child like some moldy muffin when they come out to them, trusting them and hoping they would support them. But, I guess people aren't in the right state of mind to know for a fact that it's definitely not some phase.
Adults are pretty close minded...they only want to hear what they want to Hear. Weirdos.
"They're so pretty, it hurts
I'm not talking 'bout boys, I'm talking 'bout girls
They're so pretty with their button-up shirts
They're so pretty, it hurts
I'm not talking 'bout boys, I'm talking 'bout girls
They're so pretty with their button-up shirts"
Gays are essential to the world. I'll prove it to you! The flag of pride is the color palette of the rainbow. Which as the Snell's law proves, is equivalent to the reflection of light...! Light is one of the major sources of life on earth and without it, life would disappear. Moral of the story? LGBTQ+ are literally essential to this world. It's science suck it up you dicks.
(Credit to that one WEBTOON person who used this on their chapter)
"'Cause I don't know what to do
It's not like I get to choose who I love
Who I love, who I love, who I love"
"They're so pretty, it hurts
I'm not talking 'bout boys, I'm talking 'bout girls
They're so pretty with their button-up shirts
And they're so pretty, it hurts
I'm not talking 'bout boys, I'm talking 'bout girls
They're so pretty, it hurts"
Then, the song ended. Woah. "You sing really good Ibuki!", I cheered. "Thank you Kokichi! I bet you sing good too!", she smiled. "Okay, next up is Nagito!", Mahiru said loudly. "Okay..", He mumbled. "Song?", Shuichi asked. "Uhm...Pyjama Pants.", Nagito responded. Shuichi's eyes widened and he gave Nagito a look of concern. "Okay...", he replied quietly. Shuichi set up the song and sat back down. Nagito cleared his throat and began to sing the first verse. Again, the beginning is pretty catchy.
"Don't come 'round tonight
Don't want you to see me cry
'Cause my face is red and ugly
I'm afraid that you won't love me"
Hajime's breath quickly hitched and his eyes softened a bit.
Well this song got me thinking. Does Shuichi love me? Will he stay with me? Is he....gonna leave me?
"He comes round anyway
Holds my face, says, "It's okay
I brought movies in a disc drive
I'll hold your hand at midnight" "
This is making me feel a bit better.
Hajime let out a small sigh of relief.
"Flicker on the screen
You sit close to me
I can finally breathe
And you rest your hand
On my pyjama pants
Feel my heart beat fast"
Separation issues......Oh.
"Can we call today?
I just need to see your face
'Cause it melts me to a puddle
Trip on air and sprain my ankle"
Aw, they're so cute.
"He's a lavender bouquet
Spray it on my pillowcase
Make me warmer in the summer
Like the pigment in your fingers"
That's thoughtful.
"Let's go brush our teeth
Stand here next to me
Get them squeaky clean
And you rest your head
On my upper chest
Hear my heart beat fast"
It's pretty obvious that they will most likely get married and start a family with a kid and a dog.
"Wanna make you feel
Gentler then silk
Stronger than steel
Show them how to be calm
Wrap him 'round my arm
Remind each other what's a lie and what is real"
Lie. Lie. Lie. Lie. Lie. Lie. Lie. Lie.
That's a funny word. It's very overused but I also use it too.
"What if we held hands in our pyjama pants?
Let our hearts beat complete at last
Mmh-mmh-mmh-mmh-mmh"
Nagito let out a small laugh "Sorry you guys heard that. It's must have been really bad because it brought tears of disgust to Hajime's eyes.", Nagito coughed awkwardly. Huh. I turned to Hajime and he had some tears in his eyes. "It's not disgust.", he said wiping them away. "Oh.", Nagito said blankly. Hajime took Nagito's hand and held it tightly. "My turn now.", he said. Oh lord Kurapik- I mean, oh lord. That was so cute. "Song?", Shuichi asked. "Arcade.", Hajime replied. Shuichi nodded and started to okay the video. Let's hear this one out!
"A broken heart is all that's left
I'm still fixing all the cracks
Lost a couple of pieces when
I carried it, carried it, carried it home"
Damn, this is angsty...
"I'm afraid of all I am
My mind feels like a foreign land
Silence ringing inside my head
Please, carry me, carry me, carry me home"
Kinda relatable at the same time.
"I spent all of the love I've saved
We were always a losing game
Small-town boy in a big arcade
I got addicted to a losing game
Ooh, ooh
All I know, all I know
Loving you is a losing game"
I'm not a writer, but I just thought of a good story. A boy who lies a lot to hide his true feeling ends up in a killing game with others and they kill to survive. The boy falls in love with another boy and they both like each other. But, it doesn't last. The boy dies with some words circling through his head. "You're alone and you'll always be." Guilt invades the other guys mind to the point where he once he saw his dead crushed body, he breaks down. Random right?
"How many pennies in the slot
Giving us up, didn't take a lot
I saw the end before it begun
Still I carried, I carried, I carried on"
Arcades are fun..
"Ooh, ooh
All I know, all I know
Loving you is a losing game
Ooh, ooh
All I know, all I know
Loving you is a losing game"
A game where you can get what you want but will always end up loosing it in the end is sad.
"I don't need your games, game over
Get me off this roller-coaster
Ooh, ooh
All I know, all I know
Loving you is a losing game
Ooh, ooh
All I know, all I know
Loving you is a losing game"
As soon as Hajime finished it got me thinking a lot about him and Nagito. They're both alike in many ways now that I think about it. They both have some type of trauma and they don't like being alone. "It's my turn now.", I said. "Song?", Shuichi asked. "Love like you.", I smiled. He nodded and searched the song up. I cleared my throat and smiled as the song started playing. Okay, this is it.
"If I could begin to be
Half of what you think of me
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love
When I see the way you act
Wondering when I'm coming back
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love
Like you"
Loving is pretty simple once you know how it makes you act. It's kinda like some addictive candy! Like sugar! But bitter sometimes.
"Love like you."
I looked around the room and laid my eyes on my beloved Shuichi.
This verse is for him and him only.
"I always thought I might be bad
Now I'm sure that it's true 'cause
I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you"
His eyes immediately widened and he frowned as well.
"Look at you go!
I just adore you I wish that
I knew
What makes you think I'm so special"
He's already told me why he loves me but...I always want to hear it again. It makes me feel so fuzzy and warm inside.
"If I could begin to do Something that does right by you
I would do about anything
I would even learn how to love"
Maybe I'm not a bad person. I couldn't do anything when Hibiki died. I was useless. But, Shuichi said he's in a better place now. Better than this cruel world they call reality.
"When I see the way you look
Shaken by how long it took
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love like
You Love like you... Love me like you"
Wow, the only cool song was Ibuki's. It wasn't angsty like Hajime's, Nagito's and mine.
"So...", I muttered. Ibuki looked at me blankly and grinned. "I knew you could sing so good!", she smiled. "See! I told you guys he could sing like a fucking angle!", Hajime exclaimed. "But I like Nagito's voice better.", he grinned stupidly. "Idiot.", Nagito blushed. I smiled and laughed lightly. "That was beautiful Kokichi.", Shuichi said and grabbed my hand. He held it tightly and smiled. "Thanks Shu!", I grinned . "Another tie.", Fuyuhiko sighed. "They all have talent!", Himiko yawned. "Haha. Yeah they do.", Kaede smiled. "It's quite fascinating how they are pretty cool.", Imposter said. "I think your cool.", Ryota mumbled. "Oh?", They smiled slyly. Ryota blushed madly and shook his head quickly. "Nothing!", he yelped. "Guys, it's getting late and we have school tomorrow.", Kirumi said. Peko nodded as well "It is 11:30pm.", She said. "Woah! Time flys when we're having fun!", Angie exclaimed. I stood up "I'll get the pillows! The bathroom is near the kitchen so you can change in there.", I grinned and jogged upstairs. I came back downstairs with pillows. Somehow, everyone was already in Pyjamas. "Oh? That was quick.", I muttered. Everyone who had a significant other went and slept together. The rest slept in their own little corner. Fuyuhiko slept with Kazuichi, Ibuki, Chiaki, and Mikan slept together, Mahiru and Hiyoko slept together, Akane and Nekomaru shared the couch, Imposter and Ryota, Hajime and Nagito, Shuichi and I, Kaede and Miu , Kaito and Kiibo, And Himiko, Tenko, and Angie were together. Miraculously, Ryota was already asleep and he hugged Imposter's arm like some teddy bear. Hajime was spooning Nagito (appropriate way ofc. No smut YET) and the rest were hugging each other. Kirumi turned off the lights and whispered a goodnight to all of us. I closed my eyes and fell asleep next to Shuichi.
Shuichi's POV:
It's already 2 am and I still can't sleep. I felt some shifting and from the moons light, I saw Kokichi extending out his hand. "Can you hold it please?", He mumbled. I grabbed it and wrapped my arm around him while the other held his hand. Suddenly, I felt sleepy. I fell asleep with a small teenager who oddly reminded me of a bunny. Oh well, Kokichi is now my cuddle bunny.

BWHCIKSJZBS IM SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATES WISKQOSJJAX
AGHHHH I HATE MYSELF NOW FOR MAKING A PROMISE THAT I COULDNT KEEP ANIDOSNX
2798 words.