Chapter 18

When she woke up that early afternoon, she discovered a text from Tig stating that Gemma was throwing a family dinner and wanted them both there that night. He'd come and pick her up. She walked to her closet to find something to wear. Not in the mood to be very fancy, she found some leggings and a cute little tank and one of her many pairs of boots. She looked herself over and gave herself a half-smile.

She was just lounging on the couch watching TV when he arrived after work that evening

She was just lounging on the couch watching TV when he arrived after work that evening. He went to take himself a quick shower to clean up from the day. Aria wasn't exactly looking forward to spending time at Gemma's but didn't want to be rude and decline the invitation. Especially if this was her way of trying to be nice and include her in her little family circle. Tig finally emerged in a pair of dark jeans, dark blue button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and his boots.

She followed him outside to his bike and waited to climb on. The whole ride to Gemma's house, she was dreading the evening. All she wanted was a quiet evening to rest and relax. She did have to be at work the following day at her normal schedule. He finally pulled to a stop and let her climb off. Grabbing her hand, he gave it a squeeze then walked them to the door where he just walked in. Everyone greeted the pair as they strolled in. She sighed before making her way to the kitchen.

"Good evening." Aria stated making Lyla turn around.

"It's so good to see you again, Aria! How've you been?" Lyla asked.

"Busy. Pulled a double yesterday." Aria replied.

"Guess that doesn't mean the same where Lyla works." Gemma stated making Lyla roll her eyes.

"It's nice to see you, too, Gemma." Aria stated, "Thanks for inviting us over."

"If I want to see Tig, you have to come too." Gemma retorted making Aria sigh.

"Well can I help with anything?" Aria stated.

"You can set the table for me." Gemma said before turning back to the stove.

Aria rolled her eyes but did as she was requested to do. Once that had been done, she stayed in the kitchen talking with Lyla getting to know her a bit more. Despite being a porn actress, she just wanted to raise her kid and help Opie with his. Aria couldn't look down on her for that. They got along pretty well as they stood there chatting away. It annoyed Gemma as she worked on dinner. She finally snapped and told Aria to either help with dinner or go hang out with her 'ol man. Aria crossed her arms and stated she didn't know what she needed to do to help with dinner. "Make the salad!" Gemma barked earning an eye roll in response.

Everything for the salad was already on the island so Aria got to chopping up veggies to go in it. She remained quiet trying to calm herself down so she didn't say anything that would hurt Tig in the MC. Lyla got her engrossed in conversation again as she worked on making the salad. Gemma still didn't trust the woman and thought she was a rat for the feds. Why else would someone who'd been taken hostage want to be with one of her kidnappers?

Aria was thankful when dinner was finally done. All she wanted to do was eat and go home. She knew Tig would want to stick around and chat with his brothers afterwards and she'd put up with it for his sake. Everyone began making their way to the elongated table to have seats as the women finished bringing food to the table. Aria set down next to Tig as Lyla sat down next to Opie. The only good thing about coming was she at least had one person she could talk to that liked her.

Aria remained quiet as she ate dinner and just let the boys chatter about this and that. Gemma watched everyone carefully hoping they wouldn't say something that could blow back on the club. She was very suspicious of Aria despite the woman lying for the club about where her cousin had gone. Tig noticed the looks the Queen was giving his wife and it annoyed him. Aria had never given anyone any reason to mistrust her. All she wanted was to go to work and live as peaceful a life as she could. She never wanted to know anything about the club so he never told her anything.

It baffled him why Gemma seemed to dislike Aria so much. They hadn't spent a lot of time together. Aria hadn't slept with Gemma's 'ol man. She hadn't ratted on the club. So why did Gemma dislike her so much? Tig just didn't understand it. After dinner, the women cleaned up while the bikers sat around having an after dinner smoke, had a beer or two, and just chatted for a bit. Aria wanted to go home and hoped Tig would be ready to leave soon. He pulled her into his lap when she was close enough after she finished helping clean up from dinner.

When she started yawning, Tig figured he'd better get home since she did have work the next day. They bid everyone a good night. She politely thanked Gemma for the wonderful meal and for having them over. The Queen just stood there before Aria turned and headed outside to await Tig. She was tired and just wanted to crawl into bed and go to sleep. Gemma didn't understand how he could be with such a woman or how he'd let some piece of tail wrap him around her finger so.

She was getting ready for bed as he was locking the house up. As she was turning down the covers, he entered their bedroom. Just seeing her half-dressed was enough to get his motor going. He never thought he'd love, truly love, another woman after his wife had left him but looking at Aria made all sorts of feelings bubble up in him. He quickly stripped down and climbed into bed. Rolling onto his side, he pulled her to him so they were staring at one another. He cupped her cheek in his hand and stared into her eyes.

"I love you so much, Aria." He quietly told her, "I don't know how you shattered the walls that I'd put up but I'm glad you did."

"Good sex." She countered making him laugh.

"Must be. Getting to know you was one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. I love everything about you." He told her.

"Why so sentimental all of a sudden?" She asked.

"I just wanted you to know." He ran his thumb over her cheek as he spoke, "I don't want you to ever forget how much I care and love you."

"You're too sweet to me." She giggled.

It was this tender and loving side she loved to see so much. She knew he was different person for his club and brothers and that was fine. When he was home with her, she got this side of him. It was for her to see and no one else. Even those whores at the clubhouse never got to see this side of Tig. There was a bit of satisfaction in that thought. He smiled before gently pressing his lips to hers. She had wanted to go straight to sleep but she figured he had other ideas. Especially when he began kissing up her jawline.

A/N: Yes, I'm ending this chapter *there* ;)

Please review and vote below!