Snippets of Hope: XIX.

It's a new day and a new week, you made it this far and for that you should be thankful. You might still have the stress of yesterday and fears of tomorrow but since you are still on life's road, there's hope that things will get better.

Understand that growth isn't always upwards, sometimes it goes down, creating roots, forming base and taking ground. So long you are taking steps, you are creating roots which is also a form of growth.

When you look back on the events of the last few weeks, you might be reminded of all that has happened, the good, the bad, the ugly and the ways you tried to effect change in all areas of your life. Recognise the little things you have done to improve your lifestyle, appreciate them, however small, because you are doing a great job.

Never forget to speak up for yourself against all forms of injustice. To never dim your light or belittle yourself to make others feel better. Count the little blessings loudly and be grateful for them. Convince yourself of your worth because you are worth more than the credit you give yourself and even more deserving of all the good things.

Speak up against those silent, wicked, whispering voices constantly reminding you of your failures, they don't get to tell you how to handle your life because it was never theirs to begin with. Speak up even louder when your personal boundaries are being crossed. Speak up when it comes to all areas of consent. Speak up when you need help.

Speak about the growths you have made while acknowledging room for even more. Above the drowning voice of social pressure and boxes speak up. Hold your convictions.

In the midst of it all and what's to come, don't let anything stifle your voice or choke you with silence. You are not alone.

 You are not alone