Snippets of Hope: XXXVII.

Who is an Empath?

An Empath is an energy alchemist, a healer. They are highly sensitive individuals who have keen, unexplainable ability to sense what people around them are thinking or feeling. There are several types of Empaths, both the physical and intuitive Empaths and like everything, it has good and bad sides.

What are the signs you are an Empath? You feel the emotion of others. Negative people drain you. Random people ask for your advice or help, you have a strong or even accurate intuition. You feel drawn to people.

Being all of these and more isn't bad but if you aren't empowered, you'll probably spend a lot of time dwelling on others rather than you and your needs. When you do this, you will grow weaker, you might end up burned out without knowing. If you are wondering what burnout looks like, it can look like little to no motivation, insomnia, emotionally overwhelmed, amplified anxiety, disinterest, exhaustion and easily triggered.  

As an Empath, your need to help others is understandable but people pleasing at the risk of your well-being is how you suppress who you truly are. Staying around unhealthy people in hopes of sharing the light or healing them can harm you. Learn to also give yourself a breather. Make sure to do the energy check up constantly to keep afloat. How are you feeling right now? What things are affecting you? How are people around you responding and reacting to you? Do you feel nurtured? Do you feel depleted?

Identify your wounds, pains and commit to seeing where you are affecting yourself. When you are overwhelmed, unplug, get good boundaries. Move daily to release the stagnant energy. Don't play down your feelings, take 100% responsibility for your emotional well-being.

People who need healing are drawn to Empaths, yet, not everyone is ready to do their inner work. You cannot do that work for them. Take care of your needs first, make yourself whole, then serve from the overflow.

If everything around you seems dark, look again, you might be the light. You have magic in your veins and beautiful gifts to share, you are not alone.

 You have magic in your veins and beautiful gifts to share, you are not alone