Snippets of Hope: XXXIV.

We can disagree and still be friends.

It's easily one of the easiest phrase you might say whenever you are at crossroads especially on important subject matters. Yes, you can disagree about the best ways to achieve a common humanity, goal or even different ideas on how to live together. But most times, the outcome of this disagreement shouldn't affect your relationship with others, especially your friends.

There are also different ranges, exceptions to the rule. In the case where the disagreement is about one person's life being valuable than another, then you shouldn't be friends with someone who thinks that way in the first place.

It takes certain level of maturity to understand that being cordial and friends are gaps apart. Being nice isn't the same as being good. You can be polite, nice but not good. The same way, having a disagreement can be done between friends and doesn't ruin the friendship.

There are also other things to consider. Such as, we can disagree and be friends, yes, but that would mean recognising the person's capacity to disagree. To recognise they have their own opinions which might never suit yours. If someone's opinions doesn't tailor or fit into your ideas and you nullify their ability to disagree with you, it was never friendship in the first place.

Friendliness is nice, but not when it's a fake suit for a false truce which only ends up hurting you, then it isn't worth it. As you grow mentally, you have to understand this when you set boundaries, who are your friends? Who should you be cordial with? Who should exist far out of your life, from a distance or as an acquaintance.

You're not alone.