Snippets of Hope: XIII.

It's a new month today, the last month of the year 2020. For some of us, this was the year we hoped to achieve the most, the year for our breakthroughs but the ups and downs that swept through like a storm has forced us to re-evaluate a lot of things. Left a lot of us angry, bitter and maybe sad. Instead of soliloquising or being mad about the many opportunities you missed or goals you failed to achieve, change the lens with which you look at life and answer the question: what are you grateful for this year?

This year has been a rollercoaster of emotions for us, a series of bad events for many, but most importantly, it has been a year of gratitude, a year of appreciation and lessons. Rather than beat yourself up for the things you failed to achieve, think about the little ones you did, appreciate them.

If breathing is all you have managed to do this year, good job. If you have taken a step towards your goal, however little but not as much as you had hoped, well-done. If staying sane is the only thing you did, great job. Often times, life doesn't always go as we plan, most time, it doesn't. But it's not an excuse for us to forget the little moments we have enjoyed, the beautiful gifts life has given us, both expected and unexpectedly.

Life will always be life, unexpected, fair, cruel and sometimes nice. A lot of times, it will bring troubles beyond your human mind and control, things you cannot fathom. Now, you can spend the time being miserable about how unfair life is. Or, you can try to take control of the few things within your grip, things like how you feel or react to these situations, the opportunities that can be made, something life can't take away from you. The choice is yours.

Enjoy the rest of the year, make the most of the remaining days of this month, this year, you are not alone.