Snippets of Hope: XXI.

Sometimes, the problem is not you! 

You might be stuck in a cycle of trying to do better, be better, prove your goodness and be supposedly 'good' or 'enough'. Trying to fix what was never broken, enduring a little longer in traumatic situations even when you are victim. But being good will never be enough if you were never bad to begin with.

Surviving trauma of any kind can fill you with chronic shame and a need to continually try to prove your 'goodness'. And shame is not the best motivator for change. It might lead you to denial, compliance, make you more defensive or question your self worth, none of which will help the recovery process.

Sadly, you live in a world that shames individuals for demanding their basic rights. Blames you for asking to live, for begging to be spared from all forms of harassment, for simply wanting to exist peacefully. Should this be a reason to give up and accept this standard? No. You have to try to recover by building safety and security in the hope of the present.

Understand that this toxic trait society has subconsciously inflicted on you has held you back for so long. It has stopped you from healing and tried to dim your shine. From setting boundaries, being accountable to yourself and knowing your self worth. Learning to love and know yourself, being kinder and more compassionate to your fellow humans, you will be able to break off from this toxic cycle and regain control. 

You have nothing to prove. You are not disposable and it's not your fault.

Discover who you are, make room for improvements and stop making excuses for your oppressors. Take a bold step today to breaking from this shame cycle, you are not alone.

 Take a bold step today to breaking from this shame cycle, you are not alone