CHAPTER 9

I sat back down in my chair and then Harry walked in. "Baby, we really need to talk about this. I don't want to separate. Don't do this." He said walking over to me. "Haz, I don't have fucking time for this. The deadline is in 3 days and I still don't know what I'm going to do." "So, what you're telling me is that your job is more important than our marriage? Than us talking about our love? Are you kidding me?" He raised his voice and I got up shutting my office door. "Haz, you know damn well that nothing is more important than that. So don't you dare throw that in my face. Do you wanna know how I felt when I saw that girl's number in your pocket? I felt fucking heartbroken. I felt like my husband didn't even fucking love me anymore. You were starting to show all the signs for divorce. I was close to just calling it quits on you because I didn't kno2 what else to do. I love you more than anything in this whole world, babe, but maybe you should be asking yourself if you feel the same way about me still." I said walking back to clean up my desk. Soon, I felt his hot breath on the back of my neck and a light kiss below my ear. "You know you're the only one I want, baby." He said. "Then prove it to me. Prove to me that you don't want anyone else." I said turning around. "I don't know how." He said honestly. I sighed. "Then maybe we do need time apart so you can think about how to prove that to me." He rested his hands on my hips while his head rested inside the crook of my neck. "Go home, Haz. We'll talk more later." I said quietly. He looked up and nodded. "I need your keys. Zayn dropped me off." He said. I grabbed my keys from my purse and handed them to him. "Babe?" I looked up. "Yes, Haz?" I hated that I called him that. Out of habit it was a thing I would do to show him I wasn't angry, but now that's all I call him. "Can I have a kiss?" He asked softly. I leaned up and kissed him lightly before he walked out and left. I got up from my desk chair to make copies when Josie walked in. "Oh, Mrs. Styles, I can do that for you." She said. "No, honey. It's alright. You do so much for me already." "Are you alright? You seem very sad today? You weren't supposed to come into work. Did something happen at home?" She asked. I sighed. "I'm just having some problems with Harry. Nothing big. I'll be alright." I said. She nodded before walking away. I walked into the copy room and made the copies. Everyone was out for the day so it was just me, Josie, and a couple people. When I was walking back to my office I ran into a body. "Baby, hi. I just came to see you." Harry said softly. He planted a kissed on my lips and when he pulled away I wiped my lips. "Don't be like that." He said soothingly. "Harry, what do you want? I'm busy." "We need to talk." He said. His hand cupped the right side of my face. I walked away into the meeting room grabbing the binders that held my formats for the magazine. "Princess, please." "No, Harry. You kissed someone other than me, your wife, I'm not letting that go." I walked passed him and out to the door of my office where he stopped me. "Stop, Harry. You're going to get me fired." "Stop acting like that." "Maybe I need sometime to think about this." I said quietly. He turned his head to the side. "What are you saying?" He asked weakly. "Maybe we need a break. To see if we're happy without each other. You might like being single again." I said. He cupped my face. "No. I don't even want to think about that. I don't even want to consider that. You're my wife, Y/n. I love you. No one else." "Well, it seems like you're starting to decrease your love for me, Haz. All the nights you didn't hold me like you used to. All the days and weeks you ignored me, I mean, come on, Harry, you said it yourself, we hadn't had sex like that in a long time and that used to be a normal thing for us. This was on your part not mine. Now, I'm going back to work. I'll see you at home." I said walking into my office and closing the doors.

~4 months later ~

I took of my reading glass and rubbed my eyes before slipping them back on. Harry and I were back to how we used to be. Ignoring each other and barely speaking. Although, we promised no divorce, he wouldn't even sit down and tell me how his day was if he wasn't home. He hadn't kissed another girl, but he would barely kiss me. Goodnight and goodmoring kisses were only shared between us and he stopped holding me while I slept again. We slept with our backs facing each other. Right now I was studying and reading books. For my next promotion, I had to knowledge myself more of the industry of fashion. My life was starting to be consumed with all of it. "Baby, I'm going to bed." Harry said walking into the kitchen in just his boxers. I grazed my eyes over every detail of every tattoo he had on his body, stopping at the jumbled mess on his left wrist. I noticed a small newer one by the bottom of the anchor. "Come here." I said. He walked towards me and I grabbed his wrist looking at it. The tiny letters of my initals inked on his skin. "Did you get this for me?" I asked. He nodded rubbing his eyes. "Go to bed, Haz. I'll be there in a second." He bent down and kissed me quickly and then left the room.