Chapter 25

A week past since Harry showed up on my front porch. He had been spending as much time as possible with Sage. The day he came over she wanted to go with him to his house. I was hesistant at first, but decided to let her go. I packed clothes for her to go to school the next day and Harry said he would take her and pick her up. The eventually led to her staying for a week and Harry was bringing her back today, but right now, Brand and I were arguing about Harry coming back around with Sage. We had been doing this for four days because he thought Sage was spending to much time with Harry. "Brad, he's her father. Leave it alone." I said. "No. It's bullshit. He's not here for 4 years of her life and now he wants to show up and be a dad? It doesn't seem right." He raised his voice. "He needs a chance. You saw the way he looked. He needs his daughter in his life." "Yeah, I saw the way he looked and I saw the way he looked at you. He still loves you, Y/n. Don't you see it?" Brad yelled. "Don't start yelling at me. I don't put up with that shit. And so what if he loves me. Maybe I still love him, too. He's the father of my child, Brad. I can't just hate him for the rest of my life and hold grudges agaisnt him." Brad was about to speak up, but the doorbell interrupted him. I walked to the door and Harry was holding Sage in arms as she slept on his shoulder. "Hi." I said smiling at him. He smiled back. "Hey. She fell asleep in the car. I didn't want to wake her." He said. I let him in and he carried her to her room and laid her down. We walked back out to the living room as Brad stood with his arms crossed. "Is everything alright?" Harry asked me. "We were just discussing how much time you've been spending with Sage and oh, yeah, how Y/n still loves you." Brad snapped. "Brad, stop." I warned.

I sighed before sitting down. Harry sat down next to me. "Y/n, have you been fighting with him all day?" Harry asked. "Yes, Haz. He's been like this for 4 days. I don't know what to do. Maybe he's jealous of you and Sage spending time together." "She's my daughter. He shouldn't be jealous." Harry said. "I know." I said softly. "Can I asked you something?" He asked. I nodded. "You can ask me anything." "Do-do you still love me?" He asked. I leaned forward and rested my head on his shoulders. "Yeah. I do." I said quietly. "I thought you hated me." "I can't hate you. I can't even stay mad at you. That's what I hate. I hate that I love you so much that I can't hate you." He chuckled. "Did you understand that?" I asked. He nodded. "You were my wife. I understand everything you say." He mumbled. "Do you still love me?" I asked. "Of course I still love you. Why do you think I looked the way I did when you saw me? I was walking around for 2 years thinking the love of my life hated me, but it turns out that you don't so it's okay." He kissed my head and wrapped his arms around me. "Now, Brad. Does he treat you well?" He asked. "Yes. He's very sweet. Sage adores him, Haz. It's adorable." I said. He smiled. "You know she never left my side all week. I hardly even got her to go to school. It was so funny." I giggled. "She doesn't want you to go away again. She remembers you. It's just faint. That's all" "I appreciate you making sure she knew who I was. It made me so happy when she said I looked like her daddy." He said. We leaned back, but he still held me. "I made sure she knew who you were. I had to." I said. Sage walked in with her teddy bear in her arms and she rubbed her eyes. "Where's daddy?" She asked whimpering. "He's right here, honey." I said. She walked over to us and said on our laps and rested her head on Harry's chest while her feet rested on my lap. "Daddy, will you sing to me?" She asked. Harry looked at me as I smiled. "Can I?" Harry asked. I nodded. "Please sing. I want to hear you." I said. He began to softly sing and Sage fell back asleep. Harry held us tighter and kissed both our foreheads. "My girls." He whispered.