Chapter 23

It was about the time that Anne would be dropping Sage off at my office. Anne and I promised that she wouldn't bring Sage around Harry without my permission. I told her if he asked then of course he could see her, but he never asked. Anne said he would never even mention it. "Mrs. Styles, Anne is here with your daughter." Josie said. I jumped out of my seat and to the front. I missed Sage all day today. Of course I miss her everyday, but there was just something different today. All day I felt like something weird was going to happen. "Mommy!" Sage yelled as she ran up to me. "Hi, baby!" I said as I picked her up. I kissed all over her face. "I missed you all day. " I said to her. Her hair was all messy. Something her and Harry had in common. They were just like each other. "Hi, Anne." I said. Anne smiled and hugged me. "How are you?" She asked as we sat down. Sage was on my lap. "I'm good. How are you?" "I'm great." Sage started playing with my fingers as Anne and I started talking. "How is he?" I asked her. She sighed. "He's alright. He's not how he used to be. You know, partying and drinking all the time. He's sad, actually. He misses you and Sage. He was actually at my house today. He started talking about you guys out of the blue. It was a little strange." "Did he ask to see her? That would've been fine for you to take her to see him." I said pushing Sage's hair behind her shoulders. "He never asked. Never even said anything." She said. I nodded. "He talked about you alot. He was talking about how much he wished he hadn't done or said the things that he said to you and then he started crying." She said softly. I looked down at Sage and kissed her cheek. "She asked about him today, too." I said talking about Sage. "It's just hard to forgive him after all he said. I don't even care about.

Sage and I were leaving my work building and getting into the car. "Am I gonna see Grandma Anne again, Mommy?" Sage asked as we walked up to the house. "Of course, Baby. Twice a week. Just like every other time." I said as I opened the door. "Hey, there's my two favorite girls." Brad said. Sage ran up to him and he picked her up and tickled her. "Hi, babe." I said kissing his cheek. "Hi. How was work?" "It was work." I said as we walked into the kitchen. "And how was school, butthead?" He asked Sage making her laugh. "I'm not a butthead. you're a butthead." Sage said back. "I learned my colors today." Sage said excitedly. "Let's see what you got then." Brad said. She crossed her arms. "Did you know that your shirt is white?" She said with attitude. Brad's eyes widened. "Oh my goodness. I didn't know that. That's incredible. Oh wow. You're amazing." Brad said dramatically. I playfully slapped his arm. He and Sage gasped. "Mommy, no hitting." Sage said. "Say you're sorry." Brad said. "No." I said crossing my arms holding in a laugh as they stepped away. "Say you're sorry, Mommy." Sage said. I sighed. "I'm sorry." They smiled and Brad kissed me. I started cooking dinner as Brad helped Sage with her 'homework'. I was just about finished when there was a knock on the door. Brad got up to answer it, but I stopped him. "No, babe. It's okay. Just help her. I got it." I said. He kissed my cheek before sitting back down and I walked to the door. When I opened the door I nearly lost my breath. "H-Harry?" I said. I don't know what came over me and I just hugged him. It was just something about the look in his eyes. He looked awful, sad, depressed. He wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my neck. "I missed you." He said softly. "I missed you, too, Haz." I pulled away and he kept a hand on my hip. "Where is she?" Harry asked. "She's inside doing school work. Are you okay?" I asked. He shook his head. "No. I'm not. I'm a fucking disaster."