Chapter 22

~4 years later ~

"Sage, breakfast! Hurry you're gonna be late for school, honey!" I yelled from the kitchen. "I'm coming, Mommy!" She yelled back making me laugh. Arms wrapped around my waist and a kiss was planted on my cheek. "You work her, too much, babe." My boyfriend, Brad, said softly. I met him one year after everything with Harry happened and he asked out on a date and we've beem together ever since. "I just don't want to be late. You know I hate that." I turned and kissed him. "I love you." He said. I smiled. "I love you, too." "Mommy, I can't find my blue sparkle shoes. Where are they?" Sage asked. "Honey, they don't match. You're wearing all pink." She crossed her arms. "Mommy, I don't care. I need them." She said sassily. Attitude just like her father's. I still could get over how much she looked like him. "You're just like your father." I mumbled as I picked up her shoes from her closet and handing them to her. She pulled up her socks higher than they should be and put her shoes on. "Dear lord." I said rubbing my forehead as I watched her. "She's got her own style. Let her be..unique." Brad said. I smirked. "Oh, yeah. I'll do that." I said sarcastically making him chuckle. "Alright, S. Come eat." I said. Calling her 'S' was something Brad did, but it eventually stuck. Sage hopped off the sofa and ran to the table. She started eating her pancakes quickly. "Slow down, S. You'll choke." Brad said as he laughed. She stuck out her tongue and I pointed at. "Sage Styles, what did I say about sticking out your tongue at people. It'll fall off if you keep it up.'" I warned. She covered her mouth and her eyes got big. "Really?" She asked. "Yep. Your mom's right. It happened to me twice.' Brad said making us laugh. We got up from the table and putting our coats on. "Remember Grandma Anne is picking you up from school today, okay? She's gonna bring you to mommy's work." "Yay!" She yelled. We got in the car and I drove away to take her to school.

"Mommy?" "Yes, sweetie." I said looking into the mirror to look back at Sage. "Where is daddy?" She asked. I sighed before parking the car. "I don't know, S. I haven't seen him or talked to him." I said. Sage hadn't seen Harry or talked to him in 4 years. Of course I didn't keep her from him. I would show her pictures of him and tell her things about him when she asked, but if she didn't I wouldn't mention it if she didn't want to talk about it. "Does he talk to you?" Sage asked. I shook my head. "No, baby. He doesn't." "Why?" She pushed her curly brown hair out of her face. "Mommy said some mean things that I shouldn't have said and it hurt daddy." "Did he cry?" She asked quietly. I turned around to look at her. "I don't know, baby. I didn't stay to know if he did or not." I said. She nodded before I got out of the car and went to her door and opened it. She was looking down at her lap. "Does daddy love us?" She looked up at me. "He loves you very much." "But does he love you?" I shook my head. "I don't know. Probably not since I was mean to him." I said. "Oh." Was all she said. I unbuckled her seat and picked her up placing her on the ground. I grabbed her backpack and closed the door. She grabbed my hand as we walked into the school. "Mrs.Styles, it's good to see you. And it's good to see you as well, Sage." The teacher, Ms. Rene said. "Hi, Ms. Rene." Sage said shyly. I bent down and kissed her cheek. "Have a good day, alright?" She nodded. "I love you, Mommy." She said as she hugged me. "I love you, too, S." She pulled away and ran off to play with the other kids. I stood up. "Um, her father's mother is picking her up today." "Oh, okay. Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow morning." Ms. Rene said. I nodded. "Have a good day" I said before I walked out to my car.