Chapter 11

Kristy's POV

"Daddy! You look like you've gotten rounder since I last saw you! Are you taking care of yourself?" I pat his round belly before he wraps me in a hug.
"Ahhh, I'm fine! Don't worry about me, how are you holding up?"
"Everything's fine! We're doing great!"
"I'm happy he's healthy enough to fly out here. We were worried when we heard about his accident. We've really missed you kiddo"
"I've missed you guys too!"
"Wait...! You knew we were coming out here before I told you guys?"
"Did I say that? I mean...ahhh..OOOH! What a play! Did you see that?" He turns his attention to the football game on TV, knowingly dodging my prying question.
"Mmmhmmm" I give him a frown and make my way into the kitchen to see what my mom needs help with for our Christmas Eve dinner.

"Oh! I have hummus and pita chips! That's Greek right?" My mom said cheerfully yet confused in mid conversation with Eros.
"Yes" He says politely.
"Oh goodie, I made it into a wreath" my mom says proudly.

"What can I help you with in here, mom?" I ask rolling up my sleeves ready to get to work

"Is there something I can help with?" Eros politely offers his help as well.
"Oh no, dear. Why don't you make yourself comfortable with Tom over on the couch. Do you like football?" My mother asks.
"European football, soccer" he says.
"Oh, well don't be frightened by that mans awful shouting" she rolls her eyes speaking of my dads unpleasant manly habits.

Eros takes his leave planting himself in the family room with my dad while I help finish prepping the side dishes and mom bastes the turkey.
An hour later I notice I haven't heard my dads loud screams at the tv and I peek my head in and see the tv off and him and Eros having a quiet conversation.
"What are they talking about in there?" I pondered the thought out loud.
"Lord knows! But I really like Eros!" My mom said all giddy like she was back in her twenties!
Good thing I lived with him in Greece or I might be nervous my mom would catch a crush on him, if she hasn't already!

***

"Everything looks delicious Mrs. Peters" Eros says over the table looking at the spread my mom slaved over. An all American Thanksgiving-like feast at its best.

 An all American Thanksgiving-like feast at its best