Chapter 19

Kristy's POV

I wake to the feeling of an empty bed not feeling Eros laying next to me. But as I turn over I'm greeted by beautiful Grecian flowers on his side of the pillow.

Happy Valentine's Day, my love!

I read his note with a smile on my face. On the weeks leading up to February 14th, Eros told me Valentine's Day is more of an American thing and not really celebrated here in Greece. Therefore, I was surprised to see these luscious flowers laying next to me but my heart swelled knowing he remembered.

I have a surprise for you tonight. Come by the restaurant at 5pm!
I love you!

I finished reading his note as the blush and butterflies swarmed my body. This man that is all mine is so many kinds of amazing!
I get up and enjoy a nice cup of coffee while I finish editing my latest blog post and then browse online for more bridesmaid dress options. Emily is super excited and keeps sending me pictures of dresses that She approves of and says it's Maid of honor worthy always putting a smile on my face knowing she'll be standing up there next to me.

I leave a bowl of food for Thaddeus before I get ready and make my way down the harbor to Eros's restaurant for whatever surprise he has planned for tonight. In less than a month I'll be baptized in the church and it will take a lot of stress off my shoulders knowing officially there won't be anything in the way of me being able to marry this amazing man! I've been spending my days continuing my blog but mostly focusing on all the wedding details. The flowers have been selected, the band is arranged. I left the food part up to Eros knowing he knows better than me what to serve and I'm sure I'll love whatever he chooses.

"Well, well, well, Happy Valentine's Day to the man of my dreams!" I said sneaking up on Eros as he was finishing up an average night at the restaurant.
"Happy Valentine's Day, agápi mou!" He wraps his arms around me and brings me in for a delicious kiss before gesturing to his staff to take over for the night.
"Come, I have a surprise for you"

Eros has been very busy at the restaurant lately and working closely with Theo on brochures and plans for the new portion of the business. We are so thankful for the generous gift my Dad gave to us for Eros's business. Without it, it would have halted everything since during the storm Eros was caught in, it had destroyed Angelo's boat and since we were considered responsible, we paid him all the money we saved as reimbursement for his loss.

He leads me out back to the docks behind the restaurant. With the early evening sun glistening down on the steady water, I see the twelve sailboats my Dad got all lined up at the docks decorated with string lights on the sail posts, fancy pillows, and seats with a nice cloth-lined dining table in each of the boats and waiting alongside the docks were three men holding instruments.
"Surprise! You're going to be the first one to experience the dinner cruise!" Eros said with a giddy smile.
"Wow! Really! Oh Eros, everything looks beautiful!"
"You can choose which boat you'd like," he says and I gesture to the third one in the line up that was a blue boat, the same color as the sea and he nodded his head and held my hand as I climbed aboard. The musicians climbed aboard as well as an older fellow who started untying the ropes so I assumed he'd be sailing for us tonight. Eros came back with a tray of food covered to stay warm and the boat took off once Eros climbed on.

We sailed along the coast of Mykonos with the three-person band playing light music for us. Passing Delos Island seeing the Cyclades temples and giant ruins from in the distance. It felt surreal to be back on the water again, seeing the ancient columns like the first time Eros took me out on the catamaran.