Chapter 20

Kristy's POV

The signs of spring blossoming in March are in the air in Greece and the temperature is starting to rise again.
"Are you going to Spiro's today to work on your blog?" Eros asked me, wrapping his arms around me and kissing me.
"Actually, I think I'm going to stay here and do some planning for the wedding. Look online for some ideas!" I said excitedly but we were interrupted with a knock on the door and Nafsika's voice hollering from outside the door.
"Eros? Kristy?"
"Pérase Mésa!" Eros shouted and she let herself in the door looking all giddy and excited.
"Oh, Kristy! Look what I had printed up today!" She walks over to us and hands me a piece of cardstock paper.

I only see the symbols of Greek writing and look back up at Theía confused

"What does this say?" Only seeing the Greek scripture writing like in the grocery store that I had no clue as to what any of it meant.
"It's your wedding invitation!" She shouted enthusiastically.
"O-oh..." I said shocked.
"I had four hundred printed! Enough for the whole town to receive a save the date!"
"You picked a date?" I questioned how she planned all this and I had no idea.
"The twenty second of August! It's the perfect timing here in Mykonos for a wedding!"
"Theía, prépei na symperiláveis kai tin Kristy se ola aftá ta sxédia! Stin teliki dikos tis einai o gamos. Anypomonoúse na xekinísei tin proetoimasia símera!" Eros said in Greek and I'm pretty sure he just told her I obviously wanted to plan my own wedding!
"You don't like the invitations?" She looked at me pouting and I instantly felt placed under a microscope and feeling the relationship I had gained with Nafsika was hanging in my fingers.
"O-oh, no...I like them..." I put my best smile on and hoped she didn't take offense.
"Oh good, well, we have a lot of planning to do in such a short time! I will call the priest at the church to secure the date for the wedding!" She added with her enthusiasm back in full blast.
I let out a heavy sigh knowing my dream of getting married on the beach got washed away in the waves.
"I have to get to the restaurant but I want you two ladies to agree to work together and plan the best wedding for my beautiful bride" Eros says kissing me and caressing my cheek before he walks out the door, leaving Nafsika standing with me in the kitchen.
"I know we have to get married in the church but is there any possibility of having the reception on the beach if we can't get married there?" I asked solemnly.
"Kristy, I know you had your own visions of what your wedding would be like. But this is part of our culture, our religion. Costas is so proud to see his son getting married! And he'd love to see his son's marriage being blessed in the same church where he married Maria."
I look down at the beautiful ring on my finger and I know it was Eros's mothers. As much as I had my fantasy wedding plans I realize the gift of marriage is not only to share your life with the one you love but it's accepting their families as yours also. Costas was willing to part with this ring he once put on Maria's finger to give to me. And I know the importance of their faith and religion and the meaning of their church. As beautiful as a beach wedding is, the real beauty would be carrying on traditions as meaningful as these. And seeing everyone around me happy, makes me happy too.
"I know" I agree with a smile as she takes my hands in hers.
"I'll see what we can do about the reception, ok?"
"Ok, thank you. And...can we plan the rest of the wedding together?"
"Absolutely! I'm sorry I got carried away. I'm just so excited and happy to see my Eros and you getting married!"
"Thank you Theía"
"Oh, and I know the best place to find a wedding dress!" She said enthusiastically.