chapter one

As I run into the wall, for one second all I see is black. A sudden burst of light hits me as I make it to the other side. "Saph!" I hear from behind me and when I turn around I am met with my best friend Zoe. I feel a giant smile on my face and we embrace. Ive missed her all summer and I was super excited to catch up and talk about everything thats happened. As we board the train we look for the first empty compartment. lucky for us we find one close to the front, not wanting to go to the back knowing the back was filled with Slytherins. Its not that I feared them or hated them, I just hated one. Draco Malfoy.
"soooo saph.." Zoe says to me in a nervous tone. which instantly worried me.

"yes Zoe?"
"what do you think about Draco..? As soon as she asked me this I felt slightly annoyed. She knew my feeling towards him.
"Zoe you know how I feel about him. he is a bloody wanker. Why do you ask?" I knew why she asked. it was her crush of the month. I love Zoe but she crushes on different boys all the time. Before she could answer a deep voice came from the door of our compartment.
"I agree. a complete wanker." As I turn my head I see my two favorite twins.
"Fred, George! come sit!" Besides Zoe they were my best friends. Though they had an advantage, they never judged me. I love Zoe do not get me wrong...but she is very judgmental, even to me. But I deal.
"So guys, how was your summer? How is molly?"
"Summer was absolutely boring. Mum is good though." Fred said with a gentle smile.
"Shes kept herself busy with her orphans..and by that I mean she takes in almost every child. A saint that women." George said cutting in. I couldn't help but smile. I loved Molly, my greatest wish would be that she could be my mother.
"I love your mum, shes the most selfless person I think I have ever met."
"Don't worry she loves you too Sapphire" Fred said while be grabbed my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. He felt very warm. He always smelled amazing too. Like fire, kinda like fireworks. I rested my head on his shoulder taking in his sent, causing me to drift asleep.

I awoke to being lightly shaken. I open my eyes as George tells me we are at Hogwarts. I smile as I stand up, grabbing my bags.
"Sorry for falling asleep on you Freddie"
"Its okay, you looked so peaceful I didn't want to wake you" He lightly chuckled then looked to Zoe. Why was he looking at Zoe? Did he like her? I pray my Freddie doesn't like Zoe. I don't know why, but just the thought of them together made me sad. Maybe cause I know deep down Zoe would eventually hurt him. Im very protective over him. We all walk out of the train to the school. It was a long walk and I made the mistake of wearing Doc Martins.
"My feet are slowly dying" I say to Zoe but Freddie must have heard me because I was instantly lifted into the air and swung on his shoulders.
"Better?" He asked simply.
"Im not going to lie to you. Yes much better." I saw George and Zoe laughing at us. I didn't care if I looked stupid because I was being honest. My feet ached.

As we approached the school Fred let me down softly. "Able to walk to the dining hall Saph?" He asked, clearly joking.
"Yes I'm not that pathetic" I rolled my eyes to him walking off, threatening to leave them behind. As i looked back I see George and Fred lightly jogging towards me. I noticed Zoe was gone. Probably off with some boy again.
"Where did Zoe go?" I asked both of them, Already knowing the answer.
"She said she was going to talk to Malfoy" George said and they both rubbed the back of their necks. They knew that when Zoe left me for a boy I got upset. I guess Its unfair to me, Id leave her for Fred and George any day.
"Cmon lets go to the commons dear." George said putting his hand on my back softly pushing me forward. Fred walked to my side.
I made it to the girls dorms realizing that my roommate was Zoe and Hermione. Not bad so I wasn't complaining. I quickly packed my things away and went down to the commons to meet my boys as I do every year. George meets me first.
"Fred will be a minute he cannot find his tie." He rolled his eyes and lightly laughed. Now that I had a few minutes with George alone I could ask about why Fred smiled at Zoe. It wouldn't be weird if they were close, but they never talked to each other unless I was there.
"Georgie can I ask you something?"
"Anything go for it" He lightly smiled.
"When You woke me up on the train, Why did Fred smile at Zoe?"
He definitely knew why. I could tell by the look of his face, his eyes slightly widened and he rubbed his neck.
"Erm. uh. Yeah I know why.."
"Well? why did he?" I was growing impatient.
He looked around, as if he was making sure Fred wasn't out yet.
"I cant tell you Saph. You know I wish I could. But its the twin code, there is a reason he said what he said while you were sleeping."
"Wow George. Okay then." Before George could answer Fred walked out. As if he knew we were talking about him.
"Are you guys ready?" He asked politely.
I gave a small nod and walked in front of them.
"Why is she upset Georgie?" I heard Fred ask, but couldn't hear Georges response. I sat down at the Gryffindor tables as Fred and George sat across from me. I was staring off into space as I felt someone sit next to me. I looked over to see Zoe's smiling face. I could tell it went well with Draco, and of course it did. Zoe was exactly his type.
"How was Draco?" She looked almost guilty about leaving me for him. I didn't really mind though, I had the twins anyways.
"It went well actually, i'm meeting him in the astronomy tower after curfew" she smiled proudly.
"Thats great Zoe!" I was happy for her, I loved seeing her happy. I looked over to see George whispering to Fred. I swear if he told him about me asking about the train. I will personally put puking pastilles in their next coffee.

Fred POV:
George was telling me about a conversation he and Saph had while waiting for me. I was kinda confused.
"Saph asked me why you smiled at Zoe on the train." This made me wonder one main point. Why did she care?
"Did you tell her Georgie?"
"No I told her I couldn't, Twin code remember?" I knew that wasn't the real reason he wouldn't tell her. Georgie liked her. Everyone knew that George liked Saph. Well everyone except Saph. Shes a bit clueless that one. George doesn't know that I knew. It was obvious to me because he was so shy around her. He was the quieter twin in general. Even more so around the infamous Sapphire. That was the issue. Me and my brother have been in the love with the same girl for years.