Chapter Twenty

SAPHS POV:

Christmas Break

It was Christmas eve and we were planning to go to the burrow after the shop had closed. As I was checking a kid out at the register, I noticed a bright blond boy come through the door. He was staring at the floor, keeping his head down.

He came up to the counter.
"Hi Sapphire, are the twins around?" He said, keeping his head down. It was obvious he didn't want any trouble with them.
"No theyre up in the loft getting things ready for tomorrow." As soon as he saw they weren't around, he looked up and his shoulders relaxed.
"Hello." He said with a smile as he met my eyes.
"Hello." I sent a smile back. We had only been gone a few months, and he looked ridiculously different. Skinnier, dark circles around his eyes. He must not be getting enough sleep.

As Draco and I were talking, I motioned for him to come over to my side of the register, so I could continue ringing people up. An older woman came to the register and placed about 10 toys on the counter. As I rung her up I smiled as I handed her the bag.
"Happy Christmas." She glares at me as she grabs the bag from my hand.
"I celebrate Hanukah you bitch." She said loud enough for the whole shop to hear. my eyes widened as she walked away.
"She celebrates Hanukah." I say as I look over to Draco, which causes us to burst out laughing.

An hour had past talking to Draco when George suddenly comes down.
"Malfoy! What are you doing here?" I see Draco start to get angry.
"George chill, he wanted to see how well business was going." Draco was looking down at the ground.
"Fred is going to flip if he sees him here. Walk him out." George muttered as he took over the register.
"Cmon Draco." I pull his sleeve, getting his attention. He followed me out the door and onto the street corner.
"Im sorry Draco. Im sick of them being this way."
"No I get it, We've got history, its hard to forgive."

He starts to walk away, but before he could I grab him and bring him in a tight embrace. It took him a few seconds to hug back, since Draco wasn't fully used to any sorts of affection. As we pull apart I send him a smile.
"Happy Christmas, Draco."
"I celebrate Hanukah you bitch." He mocked the lady from the store. This caused us both to burst out in laughter. He placed his hand on my shoulder.
"See you soon Sapphire." He smiled. I watched as he walked away.

It was time to go to the burrow and meet the trio. Fred, George, and I took turns in the chimney saying our destination.

As I walk out of the chimney in the burrow im welcomed with the scent of food cooking in the kitchen. Molly runs over to me with her arms open.
  "Sapphire! Its so good to see you!"  She wrapped her arms around my torso.
  "Its so good to see you too!" I say as she lets go. As the boys walk in from the chimney she runs over towards them.

I walk over and see Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny sitting at the table.
  "Hey guys!" I say as I walk over to them. Hermione jumps up and gives me a hug.

We chat for hours over dinner. They tell us about Hogwarts, we tell them about working at the shop. They laughed at the story of the woman who celebrated Hanukah, the details of Draco visiting was left out of course. I wasn't in the mood to listen to their theories of the boy being a deatheater.

After many hours and presents later, the boys and I decide to make our way back to the flat. While saying our goodbyes to Mr and Mrs Weasley, Harry, Ron, Mione, and Ginny convinced us to let them stay the night at the shop.

One by one we went into the chimney with the floo powder, shouting our destination. I had gone last. As I opened my eyes I was back at the flat, with the four extra guests in the living room.