Chapter Seventeen

AN: this story isn't 100% the same as the films or books. There are slight differences, if you don't like that you don't have to read it:))

FREDS POV:
  I woke up to the sound of an owl pecking at the window. I walk over to open the the window when the owl drops the letter and quickly flys away.

Picking up the letter, it was for Saph, However her full name was spelled out. Everyone close with her would write Saph, so of course I became curious of the strange letter. I walked out to the kitchen and took a seat. I carefully opened the envelope, when I see Draco Malfoy.

Why was he writing to her? Was she writing to him? She sat by him in potions, but it wasn't even her choice. Malfoy has had a few good moments with Saph. But he has also hit her, which is why I will never forgive him. Hard to believe you can become a completely different person in one year. Saph might be the forgiving type, I definitely wasn't.

George eventually woke up and met me in the kitchen.
"You're up early." He raised an eyebrow at me.
"Malfoy and Saph are writing." My face remained cold. Im not sure why this upsets me so much.
   "Is that bad?"
"He has hit her!"
    "He has also helped her while she was incredibly drunk." George wasn't wrong. I remember the night of the yule ball.

Before our conversation could continue Saph walked into the kitchen. I tossed the letter towards her and walked down to the shop.

I picked up a broom and began to sweep the dusty floors. The shop was really coming together, the main thing we needed to do was stock our products on the shelfs. As the day went on, me and Saph hadn't spoken.

When it was time to go to sleep, Saph had her back turned towards me, which was the universal sign of being angry. I turned the other way so our backs were towards each other. Safe to say I hadn't slept very well that night.

Saphs POV:
  I had woken up before the boys, the loft was silent and cold. I got out of bed and walked towards the living room, I sat on the couch and looked out the window.

Part of me was waiting for an owl to arrive with a letter back from Draco, but another part of me knew it would cause more issues with Fred. I wish everyone could just get along.

I start to feel guilty. A small part of me wanted to stay back at Hogwarts. I missed Draco, Mione, Ron, and Harry. I want to go back.

My thoughts were interrupted by Fred walking over and sitting next to me.

"We should talk Saph. Im not mad at you, You know I do not like Malfoy."
   "I know Freddie, But he's one of my friends."
"I know, and Ive made peace with it." He kisses the top of my head and walks over to the kitchen to make coffee.

"He hands me a cup of hot tea, knowing I never cared for coffee. The taste was always too bitter, no matter how much sugar and cream I added.
"Thank you." He flashed me a smile.
"So we plan on opening on Monday." He looks towards me, searching for approval.
"Its Friday, Ya think its enough time?"
"Definitely! Alls we gotta do is stock the shelves."
"Then lets get to it!"

I hop off the couch and set my tea on the nearby table. I make my way down the stairs with Fred behind me. I realized Fred was right. The shop was beautifully painted, the floors were shining. The shop looked amazing. As I stood by the stairs admiring the brightly painted walls, George came down and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Pretty brilliant isn't it?" He smiled proudly as he looked at his brother. Their hard-work really was paying off.
"Its beautiful guys, honestly." They flashed their smiles, appreciating the compliment.

I didn't realize how much I hadn't really helped yesterday. I didn't want to bring it up, In case it would cause them to be more upset. I loved seeing how excited they were, They've been selling their inventions since first year, now they finally get to sell to everyone. I couldn't tell you how many nights they haven't slept because they stayed up working on candies that made you sick.

Fred handed me a box of love potions.
  "Can you start stocking these dear?"
"Yes sir." I say as he kisses the top of my head. I walk over to the large bowl, that is decorated purple and red, with flowers and lips all around it.  I carefully dumped them into a bowl, but setting extras up on the shelf for display.

"Do these actually work Freddie?"
     "Yeah, took us ages to get the potions right."  I was impressed with them. They really do work so hard.

George handed me another box. A box full of puking pastilles. Candies that when you eat them, you'd get sick, it sets you out of class. These were one of the first inventions that the twins had come up with, they have come so far with them. I walk over to the containers where the candies were separated by thin walls in between, I pour the candies out of the box and into the containers until they spill over the side.

Fred walks over while laughing to help pick them up.
"Be more carefully silly." He ran his fingers through my hair. I chuckle as I reach down to grab the candy off the floor.

"Alright kids. The shop is ready for the people!" Fred announces, causing me to chuckle.
"We are all the same age. Not kids ya goof." George responds as elbows Fred.
"Either way." He smiles. "Its getting late." He grabbed my hand and led me upstairs to our bedroom. He took his shirt off as he walked through the door. I could tell he was exhausted from the work today.

My head rested on his shoulder as we tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't help but stay awake staring at the ceiling.
"Fred?" I whisper to him.
"Yes?"
"Do you think leaving Hogwarts was a mistake?"
"Not at all dear, do you?" I could hear slight disappointment in his voice.
"No, sometimes I just miss everything.
"I get that, but I promise life is going to be so good here." His promise causes me to smile. I take in his scent of fireworks and cinnamon.

——-

I woke up to Fred kissing all over my face.
"What are you doing Weasley?" I cant help but smile.
"Waking you up. Mum and dad are coming to see the shop today, so you better get ready!" I was so excited to see Molly and Arthur. They were basically my parents at this point.

I quickly got up and took a quick shower. The water was so hot it almost burned my skin, but it was so relaxing I didn't mind. I found myself standing under the water for awhile before I even started to wash my hair. Suddenly I heard a knock at the door.
"Yeah?" I yell over the stream of water.
"Hey, its Fred, can I come in?"
"Yeah." He opens the door slowly and closes it behind him.
"Mum and Dad are here, Just letting you know to come down when you're done." I quickly turned the water off and pulled the curtain back. As I stepped out I noticed Freds face become visibly more red as he blushed. I had forgotten I was naked until he handed me a towel. I wrapped myself in the towel and kissed his cheek.
"Go down, Ill meet you." I gave him a small smile. He nodded and walks out of the bathroom.

As I walked down the stairs to the living room I heard Molly and Arthur talking on how they loved the building.
  "Molly! Arthur! Its so good to see you!" I say as I reach the end of the steps.  She walked towards me and wrapped her arms around me, brining me into a tight embrace.
  "Sapphire! Darling, how are you?"
"Im doing great! We are so excited for the shop to open on Monday." She smiles at me and walks over Fred and mutters something quietly, only he could hear. Maybe Molly doesn't like me anymore? I don't know what I had said wrong.

  "Cmon, Ill show you around the store." George announces to break the awkward silence. Fred grabs my hand and leads me down the steps. He was obviously very happy to get his mothers approval, He was worried she would be mad at him for giving up on his education. Molly loved the decoration of the store, and how colorful it was.
   "You know Purple is one of my favorite colors." She grins towards the boys.
   "And orange is mine! Did that on purpose huh boys?" Arthur says as he eyes the twins.
   "Of course!" they shout in unison causing me to chuckle.

After the long visit from Molly and Arthur, They decided to get home, Molly was knitting more sweaters. She loved knitting, it clearly was one of her favorite hobbies.

As the day became night we all sat in the living room, watching a muggle movie, Spider-man. This led to the boys conversing on what they would do if they had spider powers. As I closed my eyes I listened to them talk about how they could make web shooters and sell them. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep on the couch.