Chapter Thirteen

back to school
SAPHS POV:
I was woken up my George shaking my shoulder, as he has many times before.
"What George." Fred groaned, George's shaking must've woken him too.
"We have school today." George said, slightly annoyed we were not waking up.
"We will be down in a minute." Fred says as he grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him.
"Five minutes. You're not down there in five minutes i'm coming up here with a bucket of water." George says sternly as he walks out of the room. Fred kisses my neck before he stands up from the bed. We walks over to his dresser and pulls out a small bag. We opens it and grabs what looks like a cigarette. He quickly lights it and takes a hit. He walks over and offers me some.
"What is it?"
"Weed, silly."
I shrug it off and take it from his hand. I take a big hit, inhale and hold my breathe. When I go to breathe out the smoke I begin to cough uncontrollably. Fred laughs at me a bit. To be honest ive never smoked weed before. As we go downstairs everyone was ready.
As we get to the train we sit in the first empty compartment we could find. It was just Fred, George and I. As I realized I had been staring out the window for Merlin knows how long I quickly look to George.
"Merlin. Fred did you get her baked?"
"I mean. Maybe." He laughed as he rubbed the back of his neck.
"Wait how did you know George?" I raised an eyebrow.
"You're eyes are redder than a tomato, Saph." George chuckles as he looks out the window. The train ride was spent by George and Fred teasing me about my high. Before I knew it we were at Hogwarts. We got up and grabbed my trunk and followed Fred and George to the builiding. When I got to my assigned dorm I saw that I had a room to myself. Odd. However I was not in the position to complain. Maybe Fred will stay in my dorm this year. I went down to the common room and was met with the twins, Harry, Hermione, and Ron.
"You're bloody mad, mate."
"Why don't you trust me?" Harry said defensively.
"Whats going on?" I question as I reach the bottom of the steps.
"Harry here thinks Malfoy is a death-eater." Ron said with clear doubt in his voice. Fred walks over to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder. He was silent, not wanting to argue with Harry or his brother.
"Um, Harry that is a big leap, don't ya think?" I sent a small smile. He rolled his eyes and walked out the door. Fred, George, and I made our way to the great hall. We took our seats when we noticed a new women with the staff. Dumbledore began speaking but I wasn't paying much attention to him, but staring at my fingers while I played with my rings. Suddenly a woman's high pitched voice tore me from my trance.
    "Im sure we will all be good friends."
I raised an eyebrow at the woman as I heard my twins make a comment.
"Thats likely." In unison. 
We continued to eat, but I didn't really have any appetite. Fred, George, and I began to compare our schedules. George and I hadn't any classes together which was a bit disappointing. Fred and I had DADA and Potions together.
  "Looks like we will be walking to potions together." Fred said as he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer. I shot him a smile before my attention was stolen by Ron choking after he had tried to shovel five sausages into his mouth at once. I slapped my hand over my mouth as to try and keep my laughter hidden. 

—————

As Fred and I walked into Snapes classroom we chose a table towards the back of the class. As I watched Draco enter the classroom I leaned to Fred And whispered in his ear.
  "You really think Draco could be a death-eater?" 
"Im not sure. We could always ask Zoe.." He shot me a smirk.
    "Let me just ask my Ex best friend if her boyfriend is a death-eater." I said with extreme amount of sarcasm. He shot his hands up defensively. Suddenly I noticed Zoe walk through the door, but didn't sit by Draco.
"Was there a breakup?" I ask Fred as I point out the difference in seats.
    "Weird." He furrowed his brows. 
Snape came walking in the classroom, seeming furious, which was normal. It was like his default setting to be a bitch.
"Do not get comfortable in your seats you're all moving." He announced to the class demandingly, followed by the class groaning.
  "You will not be sitting with anyone in your house." Me and Fred glanced at each other exchanging small frowns.
Snape started to list off names. I wasn't listening until I heard my name.
  "Sapphire and Draco." he pointed to a table towards the back of the class. Sitting with Draco wouldn't be too much of an issue, he was very kind the night of the ball. I walked over and took a seat next to the blond boy.
"Hi Draco." I sent him a gentle smile.
"Hi Sapphire."
     "You know you can call me Saph right?"
"I like Sapphire better." I shrugged my shoulders.  After a few minutes went by I noticed Fred was seated with Pansy. Poor Fred. I observed the rest of the classes seats and noticed Zoe was paired with a Ravenclaw boy i've never seen before. Seeing Zoe reminded me to ask Draco about them.
  "Draco."
      "Hm?" He didn't look up from the paper he was writing on.
"I have a question if you don't mind me asking." He lightly set down his quill and looked over at me.
     "Yes?"
"Um.. did uh. Did you and Zoe break up?"
     "Yes."
"Oh..Im sorry for bringing it up, you guys just seemed so distant."
     "Its okay Sapphire. Honestly it doesn't bother me." He went back to writing on his paper. I had no motivation to do any classwork. I rested my head on my hand and stared at the back of Freds head. I notice a note being handed to him by Angelina. I could hear him give a light chuckle. He wrote on the paper and passed it back to her. What was so funny? They looked at each other and my heart dropped a little when I saw her wink at him. She was being very flirtatious towards him and he was returning the favor.
ouch. I muttered under my breath.
   "Whats wrong Sapphire?"
"Fred seems to be a little flirty with Angelina." He looked up from his paper and towards their direction. I noticed his jaw lightly clench before he opened his mouth.
  "Hey Weasley. Stop flirting with Angelina so loud. Some of us are trying to pass this class." Fred looked over to our table with his eyes slightly widened. Angelina was lightly giggling and blushing.
    "Draco you didn't need to do that."
"He's being unfair to you. So yeah I did." He continued to work on his paper. I spent the rest of class staring at him, but making sure not to get caught by him. Despite him being an asshole sometimes, he was gorgeous. He was mostly kind towards me, which I appreciated, but it also made me question. Suddenly Snape dismissed the class. As I was walking towards the door Fred tried to catch up to walk with me, But I continued to ignore him. Draco must've noticed my failing attempts, as he began to walk with me.
  "What the fuck Jonesy?" I heard Fred yell through the crowded halls.
  "Hi Draco."
"Just trying to help you avoid him." He rubbed the back of his neck.
   "I noticed, thank you."
"Welcome." he was short as he walked off.

AN: sorry for not updating in so long, ive been dealing with a lot, but i should be getting on a normal updating schedule soon! Longer chapters to come as well;)