Chapter Twenty Seven

SAPHS POV:

Weeks had passed and I constantly had the feeling of guilt in my stomach. Fred and George still had no clue as to what had happened, or what was going to happen in the coming months.

Draco and I had been writing back and forth, how we had been adjusting to our new found "lifestyle".  He told me about his mission, a vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement at Hogwarts. He had been working on fixing the cabinet since the beginning of the year, but couldn't tell me of course.

Georgie and I had been stocking the many shelves of the store as Fred rang up costumers at the register. George handed me a box from the highest shelf, as he was on the ladder, and I placed the box on a little display by the front entrance. 

After a few hours, Fred and I switched jobs, and it was my turn to run the register. As I walked over, a young man, maybe a year older than me at most greeted me at the register. He had dark blond hair, and it looked almost golden in the sunlight. His eyes were bright green and he had dark freckles covering his cheeks and the bridge of his nose.

"Hey! Find everything alright?" I smiled at the boy as he dug some sickles out of his pocket.
   "Oh yes." He smiled as he stared into my eyes. "Ive never seen you around before, You are?" He questioned as he leaned on the desk.
   "Oh, Im Sapphire, most people call me Saph." I smiled warmly at the boy.
  "Well Sapphire, Im Carter Alves. Might I add you are the most beautiful girl i've seen in Diagon Alley." I will give the boy some credit, he was charming, and maybe had I not been with Fred he would have a chance.

"I have another man who would agree with you." I say smartly as I watched his smile drop.
   "Hmmm. I dont see a man around here claiming you."
   "For your information I am a person, not an object, no one "claims" me." My irritation was bubbling up.
"Well then." He ran his hands through his hair. "Where is this man who would agree with me then, sweetheart?" I watched as Fred silently walked behind him, but hadn't said a word. After a few seconds he tapped on the much shorter boys shoulder, causing him to turn around.

"Hello there, Fred Weasley." He introduced himself as he held his hand out, looking for a handshake. Carters hand met Freds.  "Carter Alves." He stated blankly.
   "Pleasure." Fred said with an irritated tone. "Now get out of my shop? My girlfriend here doesn't seem to be too appreciative of your comments. He stared him down, intimidating him with his height difference. Carter walked away, bumping Freds shoulder as he walked past.
   "Bye now!" Fred shouted as he laughed at the boys irritation.

He quickly turned his attentions towards me as I was putting change into the register.
   "Are you okay, Jonesy?"
"Of course, Why?"
   "I dunno, You've seemed off lately. Is something going on?"
  "No, All good here." I shot him a small smile as I continued to work. I felt awful lying to him. He smiled at me warmly as he went back to helping his brother with the shelves.

As I was ringing up a young girl my fore arm started to sting, causing me to wince. It felt as if my arm was lit on fire, but also being carved into at the same time. I tried to ignore the pain and go on about my day, until the stinging became unbearable. I fell behind the counter as I yelped in pain, causing Fred to rush over to me.

"Saph!" He called my name as he crouched beside me, George following him.
"Im fine" I muttered as dug my face into my hands.
"No you're not." He picked me up and brought me up to the loft, laying me down on the couch.
"Sapphire, Whats going on?" He looked deeply into my eyes as a tear rolled down my cheek.
"Fred, I- Im fine." I groaned into the pillow, as the pain continued to grow more severe. George rushed over to us by the couch.
"Whats wrong with her?" George asked his brother, his tone full of worry.
"I dunno, she wont tell me." Fred muttered as he ran his hands through his hair.