Chapter Eight

Saphs POV:

The Yule ball is tomorrow night and I still don't have a fucking dress. As I walk into my dorm Hermione grabs my shoulder and starts shaking me.
    "What color is your dress Saph!"
"Chill out Mione, I haven't gotten one yet."  She grabs my arm and drags me out of the dorm.
"Hermione Granger where the bloody hell are you taking me!"
    "Hogsmead, you need a bloody dress Saph!"
As we walk into the dress shop a yellow dress instantly catches my eye. Yellow has always been my favorite color. Its a big reason I wanted to be sorted into Hufflepuff. As I go to grab the dress Hermione reaches for my arm.
     "What Hermione?"
"Isn't that a bit too bright?"
     "You know I love bright colors Hermione. You're not talking me out of this." She lightly grins and throws her hands up in defense.  As I try it on I realize its perfect.

I instantly purchase it. I don't know if Fred will like it, or if he even likes the color yellow. Whatever.
I get back to my dorm and put the dress in my small wardrobe. I hear a small knock on my door. Before I can even open it, A familiar red head pops in. George.
   "Hey George! Whats up?"
"Hey Saph. Just checking in on you, We haven't talked in a few days."
  "Oh I see." 
"Yeah, have you gotten your dress?"
    "Oh yeah I just got it actually!" I walk over to my wardrobe and grab the long yellow dress. I walk over to George as I see his eyes grow a tiny bit wider.
    "Well? Thoughts?"
"I love it!" He grins as he holds up a hand, searching for a 'high five'. I slap his hand in the air, lightly chuckling.
  "Do you think Fred will like it?"
"He's going to hate it Saph." I think he notices that I took him seriously when my smile slowly disappears. He places his arm on my shoulder when he lightly chuckles.
"Saph i'm fucking messing with you. You really prove the dumb blond stereotype to be true sometimes!"
     "Shove off George."
"Freddie is going to love it- in fact, his tie is yellow as-well!" I chuckled. How did we somehow get the same color without any type of communication? I ended up realizing that it was getting pretty late and I really needed to sleep.

This morning was the ball, and to be quiet honest I was really nervous. I walked down to the great hall for breakfast when I realized Ron and George were not there. I notice Fred talking to Harry and Hermione so I decide to sit near them anyways. As I sat down next to Fred he shot me a big smile.
"Hey love! Ive missed you!" He wraps his arms around my shoulders and scoots me closer to him.
     "Hi darling, where are your brothers?"
"Uh- I think Rons having having an issue for his dress robes for tonight...speaking of." He shot me a wink expecting I knew what he was asking.
    "uhh what about it?"
"Where am I meeting you tonight?"
    "We can meet in the Gryffindor common room, its nothing special."
"If you say." He hands me a cup of orange juice. I smile at him when suddenly I feel a presence on my thigh. I look up to him with my eyes slightly widen. My reaction must've been quite amusing to him as he smirked at me, then raising his hand higher up my thigh.  I notice George and Ron walking to our table as George takes a seat next to me.
   "Morning George!" He glances at Freds hand on my thigh and he has a slight smirk.
  "Morning..." He says in a deep amused tone. He shot us a slight wink while he held up his coffee. I felt
my face get a little heated. I rest my head on Freds shoulder when I realize how tired I actually am.
"Blimey Saph! Look at the time, we need to start getting ready!" Hermione suddenly shouts.
   "Ah shit Mione. Okay lets go." Before I walk off Fred cups my face and places his lips over mine, Shortly after we hear a scoff coming from across the table.
   "Get a room you two. I don't need to see my brother snogging one of my best friends at breakfast." Ron says with slight attitude.
   "Someones jealous." I say to Ron with just as much attitude. Fred then grabs my face and kisses me more, simultaneously flipping off Ron from across the table.
    "You guys are both nutters." I hear Ron say as i'm walking away with Hermione.

After several hours, I was ready. I had light makeup on with my hair in loose curls. Suddenly I heard the door open and shot my head straight at the ginger walking in.
     "Fred sent me to come get you Saph" He said with a smile.
   "Okay Georgie" I go towards the door and walk down the stairs to see Freddie sitting on the couch. He quickly stands up to greet me when he notices me walking down the steps. He grabs my waist and lifts me into the air.
   "Put me down Freddie!" 
"Fine fine." He gently sets me down and kisses my cheek. He grabs my hand and we make our way to the great hall. As we walk in its decorated as a snowy wonderland. As Fred goes over to meet his brothers I go to grab some punch. Suddenly I feel a cold liquid hit my chest. I look up to see the face of Cedric Diggory.
  "Oh my I am so sorry! Let me help you clean that up!" Before I could answer he takes my hand and pulls me out to the empty hallway. He quickly grabs a napkin from his pocket and starts dabbing my chest.
  "um- I can do this, its okay." I fake a small chuckle to hide that I am slightly uncomfortable. 
       "Im Cedric by they way, Cedric Diggory."
"I know who you are, Uh Im Sapphire, most people call me Saph."
         "Well Sapphire, how come i've never noticed you before."
"Im not sure."  Before our conversation could continue I notice Fred walking towards us.
  "Um. Saph darling what is going on?" He sounded hurt.
"Cedric here spilled water all over me."
       "Um Sapphire that wasn't water." Cedric said as he He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.
"If i'm being honest, I did that on purpose to talk to you." he continued.
"Well what did you spill on my girlfriends chest Diggory?" Fred emphasized the word girlfriend. He was very possessive when he felt he needed to be. 
   "Just a bit of vodka..and I apologize I had no clue you two were together." Cedric backed into the wall,  clearly intimidated by Freddie's height. Fred grabbed my waist and led me to the Gryffindor room.
"Fred i'm sorry, he grabbed my hand before I could walk away."
     "Darling i'm not mad at you." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "He just thinks he can get any girl who looks easy."
   "Excuse me?" I say to him as I throw his hand off my shoulder.
"I mean you look like you're trying to get every guy's attention!"
     "Im sorry..? what are you trying to say to me Fred Weasley."
  "You're dressed like a slut!"
"Fuck you." And with that, I rush back to the great hall. My eyes are frantically searching for Cedric. I find him by the punch bowl. Of course.
"Cedric!"
      "Oh hey Saph! Wheres the ginger?"
"I don't  care. Pass me your vodka."
        "Um is that a good"- I grab it out of his hand before he can continue. 
"Oh okay then." He flashes a smile. I go to the empty hall and sit on the floor with my back leaned against the wall. I chug the entire flask while wiping my tears. Suddenly I feel the need to walk around the school. Before I know it I am at the astronomy tower. Then I see a familiar Blonde. Draco?
   "Draco? what are you doing up here?"
"looking at the stars, you?"
      "Im not sure I just ended up here." I try to walk forward as I trip over my dress.
"Are you drunk Sapphire?"
     "not sure." He walks over to help me up.
"Let me help you back to your room Saph." He suddenly picked me up bridal style.
"Lets return you to your Weasley shall we?" I felt too weak to protest. As we are walking down the hall I move my head to face Draco.
  "Draco, do you think Im a slut?"
"No."
     "Why not?"
"You have been loyal to WeaselBee before you were even together."
       "What do you mean?"
"We are here." I notice Fred open the door. Draco quickly hands me into Freds arms.
    "Call her a slut again and see what happens Weasley." Draco threatened.

Why is Malfoy being protective over me?