Chapter Sixteen

SAPHS POV:
  "Fred! George!" Molly excitedly shouts as we walk in the burrow. She gives them a tight embrace, then turns to me. "Sapphire! Its so lovely to see you dear!" She wraps her arms tightly around me, she smelled of cinnamon and smoke from the fireplace.

"Its lovely to see you again!" I shoot her a smile. She pushes us towards the dinner table, showing the dinner she had made. The table was covered with chicken, potatoes, all sorts of vegetables, and bread.

"Now. mind to go into more detail as to why you left school?" She sounded frustrated, but I could tell she believed in her boys' future. 

   "Hogwarts has problems every year mum!" George began to explain.
"And this year a teacher tortured Saph and I as detention!" Fred shouted, clearly angry remembering the situation.
   "What?!" Molly sounded horrified. Fred grabbed my hand and showed his mother both of our carved hands.
   "What does it say?" She asked worriedly.
"I will not shout at my professors." Fred responded coldly.
   "Mcgonagall will be hearing from me about this." Molly was furious.  We spent our time eating and explaining our plan for the shop. She was in full support. As we were talking Arthur walked through the door, as he just got home from work. Molly, George, Fred, and I all explained to Arthur our day. He was equally angry at the school as Molly was.

"You three get some rest tonight!" Molly shouted as she walked towards her bedroom. Fred, George, and I walked to their bedrooms. We were all exhausted from the long day we had. I slept in Freds bed, as George slept alone in his. He wrapped his arms around my torso and pulled me closer. As I closed my eyes I focused on his soft breathing, and eventually I drifted asleep.

———
Today we needed to find a building to buy, where we can open the shop. We found a tall building in Diagon Ally, near Olivanders.
  "Well? what do you guys think of this building?" I asked as stood in front of the building, pretending to model it.
   "I love it!" The twins both said in unison. We met with the seller and surprisingly we could afford it.

"Its all yours!" The goblin said as he handed Fred the keys. The seller left the three of us in the shop to begin to plan the shop. The place looked seriously outdated, and definitely needed some decorating.
  "Well boys, up for some painting?" They both shoot me a smile.
  "Definitely."

We picked out paint buckets of purple and orange.  Fred and I began to paint the walls of the first floor orange, as George started to paint the stairs a shade of purple.

As we finished the walls, we began to sweep the floors, and clean the windows. Earlier in the day, Fred had placed a giant statue of himself in the window, in which the head was coming out of the top of the window. The arm was robotic and took a top hat on and off, revealing a bunny on the top of his head.

As we realized how late it had become we decided to get some rest. The third level of the building was a loft, where we could stay. There were two bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and two bathrooms. It was perfect. The doors to the bedroom were plain white, which is when Fred had an idea.
  "We should paint the bedroom doors." He looked at me and George for approval.
     "Yeah!" I encouraged his thought.

He quickly grabbed a bucket of yellow paint.
  "Our door will be yellow, since that is Saph's favorite color, Georgie, you choose a color for yours."  George quickly chose a dark red paint bucket for his bedroom door. The color reminded me of Hogwarts, and the Gryffindor rooms. Which reminded me to write to Draco soon.

Fred handed me a brush and together we began to paint the door a bright shade of yellow. We were careful not to get any paint on the walls surrounding the door. As we finished, Fred and I separated from George into our rooms.

Fred took off his shirt and changed into a pair of sweatpants. He was clearly exhausted as he flopped straight onto the bed. I went over to the desk in the corner of the room. I grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill, thankfully this one wouldn't carve into my hand.

Dear Draco,
Hi, You probably think i'm weird writing to you. When I left Hogwarts with the Weasleys I wasn't fully thinking. When I was on my way to the burrow I realized what I would be missing. Anyways, Im going to miss Potions with you, Surprisingly you made the class somewhat bearable. Well, I hope to see you soon, its probably pathetic to say, But you were a very good friend of mine, I hope all is going well for you.
sincerely, Sapphire.

I decided to sign it with my full name, I hated it but Draco never called me Saph, so it seemed appropriate. I pet my owl and give her the letter, she takes off to deliver the letter.
   "Cmon." I hear Fred groan into his pillow.
"Im coming i'm coming." I walk over to the bed and mess up his hair.

——-
I woke up this morning alone in bed. Fred must've already woken up. I had gotten up and walked out to the kitchen when I see George and Fred sitting at the table in silence.
"Good morning boys."
"Mornin." Fred said, clearly pissed off.
"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I eyed him.
"Letter came for you." He said as he threw the letter to the end of the table. I walked over and picked it up, seeing that Draco had written me back.
"Oh Draco wrote me back." I stated. Fred scoffed at his name. "What is you're problem Weasley." His attitude was starting to piss me off. George silently got up and walked down to the shop, wanting to stay out of the argument.
"Why are you writing to him? of all people."He rolled his eyes just thinking of the boy.
"What? Draco is my friend. What is your problem?" Fred stood up from the table and walked down to the shop.
"The fuck Weasley?" I shout after him. No response.

I reach out to grab the letter.

Hello Sapphire,
Its good to hear from you, as I miss you too. Class is awful without you. Umbrige is now headmaster, its awful. I understand why you left, as my hand got carved. For Christmas break you should come to the manor to visit? I hope you're doing well. what are you doing now that you're not in school?
Sincerely, Draco Malfoy.

I smile lightly at the letter and set it on the table. I go downstairs to help the boys with the shop. As I walk down the steps I am met with a glare from my boyfriend. George looks my way and raises an eyebrow.
"What is your problem?" I ask them.
"Malfoy." Fred responds
"Why?"
"Are you forgetting that he may be a death eater? How he treated you last year?"
"That is behind us Fred! He is one of my closest friends!"
"How can you be friends with a death eater!"
"He is not a death eater! Fuck!" He walked closer to me, only inches apart.
"He's a little bitch boy. I know he is bad news."
"You're being ridiculous Weasley." I walk back upstairs to the kitchen to write back to Draco.

Hi Draco,
Im sorry to hear about the new headmaster. Fred, George, and I are opening a joke shop in Diagon alley. Once we open you should come visit! Im not sure if a visit to the manor is a good idea, Im not a Slytherin remember? We should definitely get together soon though.
~Sapphire.

I sent the letter. I was sitting at the table when I see George walk up the stairs.
"Hey Saph."
"Hi George."
"Listen to me, Fred doesn't mean any harm. You have to know he is very protective. He sees how Malfoy has treated you and him, he doesnt forgive easily." Georges words sunk in. I understood it, but it still upset me.
"Why did he have to send his brother to fix something that is between me and him." George frowned.
"Im not sure Saph."
"Pathetic."