Chapter 32.

⚠️TW: bullying.

"come onnn you should attend it. it's fun" Meg tried to convince Jade.

"no. i'm not attending PE class and that's final" Jade replied. she never attended PE class because the teacher was stupid and uniform was too revealing. 

"just once. please for me" Meg begged once more. they were currently standing in the hallway, leaning on Jade's locker. Meg was trying to convince Jade to attend PE class. Jade didn't know why. Meg knew Jade hated PE. Wooyoung had basketball practice at that moment. San was in his class. 

"why do you want me to attend PE so much again?" Jade asked

"because we're playing dodgeball today and it will be fun" Meg begged and gave Jade her best puppy eyes. Jade groaned and rolled her eyes. 

"uGH fine, but just this once, because you're cute" she said as Meg jumped in joy.

"yayy" she said and started dragging her to the gym. Jade was already regretting her decisions. 

Meg pulled Jade into a changing room. every girl inside whipped their heads towards her, making her feel small and anxious. Meg rolled her eyes and dragged Jade deeper in the changing room. they grabbed their overly revealing uniforms that consisted of pair of short sporty shorts and fitted shirt. Jade felt exposed in them, but she reminded herself that she was doing this for Meg, who had done way greater things for her and this was nothing compared to them.

"if you're done let's go" Meg told Jade, who slipped her chunky black shoes on and followed Meg out. when they stepped into gym every eye snapped towards her. Jade noticed that only girls were there. 'basketball practice' she thought to herself. some people gasped, some started gossiping, some stared. it was a rare sight, seeing Park Jaeden in revealing fitted clothes, since she always wore baggy stuff. Jade lowered her head and cursed at Meg's cuteness in her head. 

the display of gym was similar to a basketball stadium. there were 2 stadiums actually. one was indoors and one was outdoors. the door to outdoors one went through the indoors stadium, so people who were in the other stadium had to go through this one to leave the gym (i hope i explained it well cause it's like that in my school)

teacher took an attendance and girls started playing dodgeball. Jade was chosen first, surprising her. didn't people, like, hate her or something? thankfully Meg was chosen in same team as her, but before they started playing, Meg was called by a teacher, leaving Jade alone and anxious. she didn't like the attention these people were giving her. she felt vulnerable and scared. 

she stood in the middle with some of her teammates and started playing, hoping that Meg would come back soon. she didn't. soon Jade was the only player left from her team and she was hella scared, cause those balls sting as shit.

girls started snickering and whispering to each other. Jade was confused. they wouldn't gang up on her like a kdrama, would they?

suddenly a ball came flying towards Jade's face and before she could register what was happening, she was on the floor with a bleeding nose and scraped knees. she hissed and pressed her hand on her nose. Jade was about to get up and leave the circle, when girls started throwing balls towards her. she was confused, scared, panicking and in pain. she didn't know what to do. her body started aching. she couldn't get up.

balls hit her continuously. some hit her head, some hit her back, some hit her arms. Jade felt the bruises forming and all she could do was sit here with blood flowing from her nose and tears flowing from her eyes.

"oh my god, is the ice princess being bullied?" someone cooed from the crown, followed by a wave of laughter. Jade was right. these people DID hate her. she could hear bunch of curse words being thrown at her and she didn't even know what she did to anger these girls so much.

Jade was praying that either San, Wooyoung or Meg would show up, cause her entire body was aching. her knees were throbbing and she was dizzy. her hands were covered with blood from her nose. 

door of the outdoor stadium opened and bunch of sweaty boys started piling out, but everyone froze on their tracks at the sight they were met with. Wooyoung could hear his heart break when he saw Jade on the floor, with scraped knees, bloody hands and her head low, tears running down on her face. bunch of balls were being thrown at her. 'where the fuck is Meg or the teacher?' he thought and ran towards Jade, standing in front of her. some balls hit him on the back, but girls stopped immediately.

"oppa" a girl mumbled. Wooyoung glared at her as she took a step back. the stadium was dead silent. Jade slowly looked up to meet Wooyoung's eyes and Wooyoung swore he felt the ache in his heart. Jade's face was covered in tears, mixed with blood from her nose. she was trembling and her eyes could break anyone's heart.

"h-hi" she mumbled. Wooyoung crouched down with pained expression and pulled down his sleeves to wipe Jade's face, but the blood kept flowing. everyone was staring at them and their every move. "hi" Wooyoung smiled slightly and helped her up. Jade's knees gave up on her, but Wooyoung caught her and picked her up bridal style, taking her to the infirmary. Jade clutched his shirt. everyone's eyes followed as Wooyoung and Jade left the stadium. 

"i'm sorry" Jade mumbled. Wooyoung tsk-ed "what are you sorry for?" "i got your shirt bloody and i'm making you carry me" She said and looked up at Wooyoung. he looked down at her and gave her a smile, pecking her forehead. "don't be sorry, dummy. if anyone has to be sorry here it's me. i'm sorry i wasn't there with you" he said as he softly walked up on stairs, not wanting to make Jade uncomfortable. 

"it's not your fault tho. you had practice" she said, wincing because of the newly formed bruises.

"still" Wooyoung replied and opened the infirmary door. nurse was probably busy somewhere else now, considering it was the class time. Wooyoung set Jade down on a bed and went to grab first aid kit. he quickly returned and stuck up a cotton piece in Jade's nose to stop the blood flow. then he started dabbing some ointment on Jade's scraped knees. Jade winced.

"i'm sorry" Wooyoung mumbled quickly, as he looked up with wide eyes, clearly panicked. 

"no no it's fine. thank you" Jade smiled at him faintly. Wooyoung kept dabbing it before it was entirely clean, and then bandaged them. he also put a band aid on Jade's nose, since it was scraped a little, and also put bandages on her bruises. when he finished everything, Jade looked like she had gotten in a car crash. Wooyoung giggled, because she looked adorable, sulking like that. he sat on an empty space of the bed.

"how are you feeling?" he asked. Jade smiled at him. "wayyy better. thank you" Jade said and quickly pecked his cheek. Wooyoung froze on his tracks, eyes wide and cheeks blushing. Jade giggled. "what was that for?" Wooyoung mumbled, still in a trance.

"for helping me. you're really nice" Jade smiled and leaned on his shoulder, hugging his waist. (they're both sitting up btw lmao i hope it's not too confusing)

"it's nothing really" Wooyoung smiled, feeling all giddy inside. his heart was going 🥰💗 💖💫🌠✨💥🌈💓💕. he doesn't want to get a heart disease at the age of 20. 

Meg dashed through the hallways after hearing what happened, running towards the infirmary to check on Jade. she felt really bad for leaving her alone like that. guilt was eating her up. she silently opened the infirmary door, but the sight gave her a million volt shock. Jade was squished on a single person bed with Wooyoung. they were hugging each other like their life depended on it, and they were sleeping. Meg's mouth dropped as she quickly snapped a picture, then went to shake them awake.

Wooyoung was the first one to wake up, since Jade was still drained. when he realized the position they were in, he quickly blushed and started mumbling incoherent excuses to Meg, who was smiling. 

"shut up and wake her up. you'll be late to class" she said and winked, leaving the infirmary. she wanted to apologize to Jade, but not now.

-----

i really liked this chapter. idk about you tbh