Chapter 49

⚠️TW: slight mention of suicide.

Wooyoung was more than determined to ace the midterms. he wanted to make Jade proud. it's funny how much he cared about her opinion, when few months ago she was a mere popular student who he liked to annoy.

stuff changes quickly. 

thinking of quickly, Jimin was frantic, cause he had to teach Wooyoung a whole year worth of stuff in 4 days. Wooyoung was a fast learner, but like it was kinda impossible. so he stayed up at night, looking over the notes Jimin stole from Jade and studying his ass off.

he was glad he did that.

because he was the first one to finish the exam.

whole class stared at Wooyoung who stood up to submit the exam paper half an hour after the test started. some snickered. most of the people were mumbling 'he probably didn't know anything'

Wooyoung, in fact, knew answer to every task. he didn't leave any questions unanswered.

Jade stared at him like he grew a second head when he got up to submit the paper.

Wooyoung winked at her.

Jade rolled her eyes and kept writing.

"out" teacher told Wooyoung, who grabbed his backpack and walked out with a proud smile on his face. Jade quickly finished her last task and submitted her paper too before running outside and walking behind Wooyoung like nothing happened.

"did you write it well?" Wooyoung asked and stopped to let Jade catch up. Jade nodded.

"what else did i expect" he playfully rolled his eyes and smiled, continuing to walk next to her towards the cafeteria, since the lunch bell would ring any second. they finished 5 exams already and one was left, which was after lunch. Jade wasn't pushing Wooyoung away as much, but they weren't on speaking terms either.

Jade was just being stubborn.

Wooyoung was patient tho.

anything for her i guess.

"will you eat lunch with me?" Wooyoung said and grinned at her. Jade glanced at him shortly before nodding. Wooyoung did a little victory dance and a little wiggle before skipping towards the cafeteria. Jade looked at him from behind and smiled fondly. 

she knew she was just being a bitch now.

but she wanted to wait for one more day and see the exam results.

she shrugged and followed him behind.

"i'm telling you. on all 5 exams. he finished them in half an hour max and submitted everything first. i still think he didn't write anything" Meg explained to San with much emotion, waving her hands around. San stared at Wooyoung in disbelief.

"bro are you trying to die? this is 45% of our final grade" he said and shook him with shoulders aggressively.

"i did perfectly fine, Sannie" Wooyoung said and swatted his hands off. Jade just watched everything silently, eating her food. 

"y'all are so loud. let me eat or i'll leave" she said and fixed her glasses.

"you didn't need glasses before. now you wear them everyday. did you go blind or something?" San asked, ignoring her statement.

"i need them for studying, and since i study 24/7 during midterms i always wear them" she said nonchalantly without looking up from her food.

"Jae how do you think i'll do?" Wooyoung asked.