Chapter 43.

"so, there are 12 universities competing. i perform 7th. i saved all 10 of you the front seats. judges will decide the winner. they chose judges carefully so that they don't know any of the competitors. cause you know, they need to be neutral. everything is as simple as that. understand?" Jade stood in front of 10 stupid looking people she called friends (her brother as a bonus). she felt like a kindergarten teacher.

everyone nodded.

"any questions?"

Jimin raised his hand

"yes, Jimin" Jade rolled her eyes.

"please don't embarrass me out there. i won this shit last year i don't want you ruining my reputation" he grinned. Jade smacked his head with extra force, making a really loud slap noise, followed by Jimin's whine.

"any normal questions?" Jade crossed her arms.

this time Wooyoung raised his hand

"this is not a question but be confident okay? i know you can do it" he said and grinned widely. Jade smiled, a huge chunk of worry peeling off her heart and falling.

"thanks" she said.

"now if i somehow win, we'll go celebrate. if i don't win, we'll still go out but for no reason. my treat, by the way" Jade said and urged everyone to get up.

"oi besfrien listen here" Meg said and grabbed her shoulders, startling her. "you will do well. don't you dare say otherwise or next thing you'll see is a hospital ceiling. understand?" 

Jade nodded quickly with evident fear in her eyes.

"ight everyone out. watch my performance well or i will be upset" Jade started shooing everyone out, since the contest was starting in 5 minutes. everyone hugged Jade before piling out of the waiting room.

Jade touched up her makeup a little before leaving the room too and going to backstage. she saw other university representatives there. the moment she entered it, she caught everyone's attention. some were guys and some were girls. most of them looked older and only few of them looked her age. all of them had a professional look on their face and Jade shivered, cause they looked talented.

Jade didn't know what to do. should she introduce herself and greet them? or should she just ignore them? she was awkward in these kinda situations. 

Jade decided to stick to a small bow.

Jade was hella sweaty, cause it was her turn next. so far the performers were amazing and it just kept getting better as the line went on. Jade could see her friends from where she was sitting and she immediately felt better.

contestant before her bowed on the stage before exiting and returning to the fellow contestants. microphone announced Jade's name and she took a deep breath, calming herself down and entering the stage. crowd clapped and Jade could see her favorite people going crazy in the front row. she smiled slightly and bowed.

music started and Jade felt herself block everything out, getting lost in the beat.

when she finished the performance crowd was silent. Jade felt nervous to the core. she looked at her friends, only to see their jaws dropped. 

did she do that bad-

suddenly the stadium roared with claps and whistles. Jade smiled. boys were still staring at her in disbelief. Meg smacked each of them and they started clapping too. they felt extremely proud of her. Wooyoung did a big heart with his arms and giggled. Jade sent him a wink.