Chapter 53.

Wooyoung and Jade left the mall hand in hand, walking aimlessly and talking about stupid stuff.

"i think it's unfair that penguins only live on Antarctica" Wooyoung said.

"why?"

"because they're adorable and i wanna see them on street like these stray dogs but nOo0oo. what if i want one as a pet hm? what do i do then?"

"woo first of all, they need cold nature to live, and second, you can buy one, you just can't take care of it unless you're filthy rich"

"that's why it's unfair"

"did you have your brain plunged out or something?"

"why would you say that?"

"because you're being stupid right now. why would you even want a penguin?"

"i said this already. they're adora- hey look, a skateboard shop" Wooyoung pointed to a shop excitedly with puppy eyes. Jade looked at where he was pointing at and saw a small shop. 

"do you wanna go and check it out?" she asked. Wooyoung looked at her with big innocent eyes and nodded excitedly. Jade looked at him fondly.

"okay then" she said and dragged him towards it. they opened the door and were met with many, many skateboard.

skateboards here.

skateboards there.

even on the wall.

there was a guy at the counter. Jade saw his name tag. Yeonjun. he had pink hair.

"waah" Wooyoung looked around with wide eyes, looking at different designs. "do you wanna buy two and learn how to skate?" he asked Jade with his hands together.

"i'll trip and fall, woo" Jade said.

"pleaseee" he did an aegyo. Jade cringed.

"only if you promise me you won't do that ever again"  she said and pushed his face away. Wooyoung started jumping around in happiness, choosing a design. Jade sighed and chose a cool blue design. Wooyoung came jumping back with a yellow board in his hands. expression on his face was adorable.

"come on. if i fall it's your fault" she said and neared the counter. 

"hello. we would like these, please" she said and placed her board on the counter, smiling politely. Yeonjun flashed a killer smile and grabbed it, starting to stick the sandpaper on and screw the wheels on. then he grabbed Wooyoung's board and prepared that one too. 

they left the store after arguing about who will pay for them, only to end up splitting the bill like Yeonjun suggested, tired of their bullshit.

"okay. i think there's a park nearby. we can try to learn stuff there, since floor is hella smooth there and also we don't wanna go to a skate park and embarrass ourselves, right?" Wooyoung said and grabbed Jade's hand, dragging her to the park. Jade didn't say anything and just followed him.

they arrived in less than five minutes. the park was basically empty. only few kids near the slides. Jade and Wooyoung placed their skateboards on the ground.

"how do you even do this?" Jade mumbled and placed one leg on the board.

"you can try first. i'll hold your hand so if you'll fall i can catch you" Wooyoung said and grabbed her hand. Jade nodded and pushed the ground a little with her other leg. skateboard rolled forward a little and Jade was wobbling a lot. Wooyoung giggled.

"don't laugh at me. you try if you're so awesome" she said and crossed her arms. Wooyoung smiled smugly and stood on his board, pushing forward. he skated smoothly for few seconds before losing balance and falling on his butt.