Chapter 39.

"you did well today, Jade" Jade mumbled to herself and panted, staring at herself in the mirror. 

it has been two weeks since the bullying accident. Jade was recovering well. Soo-Ah and Minji were expelled. right now Jade was in a dance studio, practicing for the upcoming contest in a few weeks. it was getting dark outside and Jade has just finished practicing the hard choreography. she had to be flawless, otherwise she wouldn't win. it was her first time doing something like this, but she heard that other universities were quite competitive and wouldn't let a small mistake slip. she had to make everyone proud. pressure was huge, but whole university depended on her. apparently this dance competition thingy was a big deal.

"time to go home" she said and packed up, grabbing her mask and a cap. lastly she wore her jacket, before heading out. sun had set half an hour ago, but it was already pretty dark. she just wished she would get home peacefully, since she didn't have her car, because Jimin dropped her off there after school. thinking about school, she hasn't eaten anything since lunch and she was starving.

picking up her pace, she walked through the dark streets of sub-urban. suddenly, from her peripheral she saw a man in her mid forties behind her pick up his pace too.

"fuck no" Jade groaned quietly and hoped that that man was just in a hurry and had no creepy intentions. however that hope vanished when she noticed the man was nearing her. she cursed under her breath and was ready to run, when she saw a boy her age walking from the opposite direction. he too, was wearing a mask and a hat. Jade's light bulb lit up with an idea. when the boy neared her, she turned towards him and swung a hand on his shoulder. the boy yelped and stared at her in confusion. Jade was dying from embarrassment.

"HI" she said loudly so that man would hear. "some creepy man is following me. please play along" she mumbled to the boy with pleading eyes. "ohh" the guy mumbled and Jade saw his eyes turn into thin slits. he was smiling.

"HELLO BABE" the guy screamed, making Jade flinch. he swung his arm around Jade's shoulder "I'M JUST COMING BACK FROM WORKING OUT. SEE THESE MUSCLES?" he quickly pulled his sleeve up and showed her his biceps, standing in a weird angle, so the man would see them too. old man gulped and mumbled some incoherent curses. he debated for a while, before turning around and leaving.

"he left" guy looked at Jade and smiled. Jade sighed in relief. "thank you and sorry again..." she paused to hear his name. "Jongho. Choi Jongho" guy said and pulled his mask down. Jade's  eyes widened.

"LIL KID?" she yelled and frantically pulled her mask down too. both of their eyes were wide as golf balls. "NOONA?" Jongho screamed. they smiled widely, before crashing into each other, hugging tightly.

"i can't believe we met like this" Jade laughed. "neither can i!" Jongho said and pulled away.

"an oh my god, that old man didn't do anything, right?" he said and grabbed her shoulders, shaking her a little. Jade smiled at the worried expression on his face. how did she even think that these guys disliked her?

"no. thank you once again. you saved my life back there" Jade giggled and pinched his cheek.

"it's nothing" Jongho shrugged and blushed.

"nice muscles btw" Jade smirked and slapped his arm. Jongho turned 3 shades darker.

"don't you dare make fun of me" he said and covered his face. 

"hm? i wasn't tho?" Jade smiled smugly.

"i'm changing the subject. what are you doing out there this late?" he asked

"it's like 8 pm. what do you mean this late? and i just finished practicing for the upcoming dance contest." Jade said.

"ou what dance contest?" Jongho said and sat on a nearby bench. Jade sat next to him.