Code: Temporary Vacation

When (Y/n) woke up, she heard the gentle humming of a car engine.

She felt the gentle tossing of a car traveling down the road.

She smelled leather seats.

She tasted tea that she had drank earlier at the Agency.

She saw the moon shining brilliantly outside the back window of the car that she had deduced she was currently traveling in. 

She heard a soft gasp and turned her head to see the worried face of Naomi looking back at her with a nervous smile as the ravenette raised a hand and shakily waved, "Uhm, good morning— well technically it's night now-- so good evening (Y/n)-san... I bet you're very curious to know what happened after you... well..."

Haruno was driving the car and she continued after Naomi stalled, "—After you fell asleep. We will tell you everything as soon as we get to our destination, alright?"

(Y/n) nodded in agreement before she turned on her side and closed her eyes again.  (Y/n) was too tired to argue, but her mind was beginning to run the possibilities of what was going on, and of what had happened after that old dog forced her to rest.  Before she could hold her tongue, she began to speak her current hypothesis.

"Where are we going anyway? Obviously, I'm not going home or else Daz---Osamu would have gladly carried me while saying something like, anything for my Queen. We can't be going anywhere important seeing as I have been asleep for at least seven hours since the moonrise is at 6:30 due to the seasons, which means I am in no presentable state for a formal gathering. This means we are going to one of two kinds of places during such turbulent times as these. One: we are going to get information that puts no agents at risk, and you were instructed to take me with you to keep me from losing my temper when I woke after Yukichi so rudely put me down...  Or, two: Yukichi instructed you to tell me that you would tell me all the details once we've arrived somewhere specific because we are going somewhere I hate. Considering the events today, and considering I know how that old man thinks, we're going to a safe house."

There was silence in the car for a few moments before (Y/n) heard amazed gasps coming from the pair sitting up front.   Haruno's voice praised the woman as she said, "Wow, (Y/n)-chan! Did you figure all of that out in just a few minutes you were awake?!"

Naomi hummed in agreement before she said, "Haruno is right, I never thought you would get that from just what we've told you! You really are amazing, I can see why Dazai-san said that you would be fine the other day when you went missing.  Not to mention when you saved me, my big brother, and Atushi from that Octagona guy you were so smart and were able to help us out a lot!"

"Akutagawa?"

"Right, him!"

Haruno giggled at Naomi's words before she said, "Dazai-san also said that he wouldn't sleep until his Queen was safe that day you went missing! *sigh*  I'm so jealous of you, (Y/n)... I wish I had a boyfriend who would dote on me like he does to you, how romantic!"

(Y/n) couldn't help the small smile that formed on her lips as a light blush spread across her cheeks and she sat up in the seat.

"I'm glad to hear that he is very worried about me, but I should clear up that he and I are not a couple. There is no way that flirtatious man would ever settle down... unfortunately."

She mumbled out that last word, but the sharp ears of both women picked up her mumbles and Naomi squealed out, "What do you mean!? He would totally snatch you up if you asked him out!"

Haruno added in, "She's right, (Y/n). Yes, he is quite the flirt, but I don't think I've heard him mention any woman since he has started spending so much time with you. I think he really does like you."