Code: Emergency

Database flashed an image of the camera and (Y/n) scowled as she saw a familiar mafioso walking into a tunnel that would lead to the temporary headquarters.

Not good...

(Y/n) watched as a red-haired, fancy-hat-wearing mafioso strutted down the tunnel that leads to the Agency's temporary base of operations. She had seen this very man exit the building she had rescued Dazai from just a week prior, and he was currently one of the few executives in the Port Mafia that Dazai told her to beware of.

Why the hell is Chuya Nakahara on his way to the Agency in the middle of the day? What on earth is the Port Mafia planning?

She could see on another camera that the group gathered in the temporary base was not paying particularly close attention to the camera feed in front of them.

Ranpo was eating his snacks, Yosano was laying her head down on the makeshift table/pew, and Kenji was looking at a plant with his cute admiring expression plastered on his rosy cheeks.

At this rate, they wouldn't know the beast was on his way there until he started to destroy the tunnel...

(Y/n) acted quickly and sent a notification to the security system in hopes that the alert would catch someone, anyone's, attention. Finally, after a few moments of small talk amongst the agents gathered in the room, the muffled and microphone-scratched voice of Ranpo finally spoke up.

"Uhh, I think we should call back the defensive teams. We have company."

(Y/n) exclaimed, "FINALLY, YOU LUNATICS NOTICED!"

After she made sure the members at the base knew of their incoming company, (Y/n) pulled out her phone and dialed the suicidal detective to update him on everything she had just found out.

Riiinnggg...

Riiinnggg...

"Come on, pick up the damn phone!"

(Y/n) was tapping her foot nervously as she examined the cut wires of the sensor in front of her and waited for Dazai to pick up her call.

Riinnn-- CLICK!

"Yes, (Y/--"

"DAZAI SOMEONE HAS SABOTAGED SOME OF THE SECURITY EQUIPMENT HERE AND NAKAHARA IS ON HIS WAY TO THE TEMPORARY BASE!"

Dazai was driving a car with Atsushi seated beside him and (Y/n)'s panicked voice caused him to slam on the brakes and make a risky U-turn in the middle of the street. She was panicking, and he didn't like hearing those tones of fear and uncertainty in her normally calm voice. It made him uneasy.

"Calm down, what do you mean the equipment is sabotaged?"

"There are two sensors behind the house which have wires that were cut recently, both sensors had the same wires cut--clean cuts. The wires that were cut were sitting above all of the leaves and weren't muddy, so they had to have been cut recently. Plus, two cameras overlooking the back yard were practically destroyed. The camera out front was unplugged, but there are no sensors out front because of the road. Dazai, someone made two blindspots in the security system before we got here! It's like someone knew we were going to be here! I'm not crazy, right? This is too much of a coincidence!"

Dazai pressed on the gas and began to speed in the direction of the woman as Atsushi yelled, "D-Dazai-san!? What's going on."

"(Y/n), get Haruno and Naomi in the car, now. Drive somewhere, anywhere. It doesn't matter where, just drive for at least an hour before stopping. We don't know if the saboteur is nearby or if they are waiting to strike some other time. I'm going to call the President and see what's going on at the Agency, then I'll call you back with a plan. For now, focus on getting out of there and I'll let you know what I hear from the President. You're resting, right? You're not overusing your ability?"