Getting Settled In

Kokichi's POV

I woke up pretty well rested, I haven't slept that well in a long time. I remember what Tojo-san told me yesterday about the killing game. I guess it was really fake because when I woke up I was with Amami-chan. 

"Amami-chan..?" I said rubbing my eyes. 

"Hmm... Ouma-kun-..?" He mumbled sitting up. "Wait..Ouma.!?" He said looking at me.

"Hi.." I greeted him with a tired smile.

"Why the hell are you so loud...?" Maki asked looking at Amami with a dead stare. 

I giggled at his face when he realized he woke her up.

"Oh..Kokichi your up." She stated stretching her arms up.

"Yeah..how long was I asleep?" I asked rubbing my eyes that were now getting adjusted to the slight light that was in the room. 

"Well you were asleep, basically the whole day." Rantaro answered relaxing after Maki stopped glaring at him. 

"Kokichi I was wondering what did it feel like in the pod? For some reason everyone says the experience was far different from everyone else." Maki said looking at me. 

"It feels like you're interrogating me Makiii" I whined making a stupid frowning face. "Buuuut since you asked it sorta felt like I was stuck in place kinda if like my entire body couldn't move but also it was sooo relaxing I didn't feel any pain."

"I suspected that." Maki mumbled out.

"Wait what time is it?" Amami asked himself reaching across the couch for his iPad thingy.

"No wonder I was so tired, it's only 5:23." Rantaro said getting back in his original position leaning his head on the couch. 

"Sorry for waking you guys up." I said frowning suddenly feeling upset. 

"No its alright Kokichi, you did sleep basically the whole day it's no wonder your not tired." Maki said back trying to give me a smile. I appreciate her for trying to be nicer to me. 

"Well that probably was the best sleep I've had in a lonnnnng time." I stated whining. 

"Ouma.." Rantaro mumbled. 

"It's alright Amami-chan I'm fine we're all safe now." I reassured him putting my hand over his. 

"Y-yeah-!" Rantaro said obviously blushing, making me smile. 

No ones POV

Maki was now staring at Rantaro curiously looking between him and kokichi. 

Rantaro's POV

I could literally feel my face burning up like crazy. I was looking at Oumas hand over mine. 

"Amami-chan are you okay your face is a bit red." Kokichi giggled giving me a sly smile. 

"You little tease." I said looking away embarrassed. 

"You love mee." Kokichi teased taking his hand off mine. 

"Do you wanna go check out your room?" I asked him. I also realized Maki has been giving me a death glare so I wanted to get out of her sight. She scares the living daylights out of me.

"Yeah!" Kokichi said looking at me again.

I was a bit surprised because I haven't heard Ouma-kun ever say "please" genuinely, guess it caught me off guard.

"Alright follow me." I told him standing up. 

"Mkkk." Kokichi responded standing up then wrapping his arm around mine then smiling up at me. 

"Hey Amami-chan can you carry me I feel dizzy." He asked. 

"Sure." I answered picking him then somehow getting him on my back. He wrapped his skinny arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder. I started thinking about the meds these people might make him take. I dont even want to imagine the after affects of the game. It could be as bad as Kaede. I frowned thinking about how much she has gone through even when being out of the shit of a game. 

We eventually made it to his room and let him fall back on the bed and I began to look around. 

"Thank you Amami-Chan!" He said 

"Your welcome." I responded walking to his bathroom and finding his room key. 

I saw a wheelchair in the corner of the room then looked back at Kokichi. 

"There's a wheelchair for you here." I said to him walking to it. 

"I saw, the lady who first greeted me said I might need one just in case. She mentioned how the sleep pods couldn't heal everything and side affects could happen." He mumbled obviously uneasy about using a wheelchair. 

"Don't worry you'll heal and be as good as new eventually. And you will have all of us with you." I reassured him. 

"Thanks Amami-Chan." He thanked me getting in a comfy position in his bed. 

"No problem- oh, and before I go you have a monopad you know the thing I used to tell the time earlier. You can contact people over that so if you need anything message me, okay?" 

He thanked me then I left the room shutting the door as I left. 

Kokichi's POV

Once Amami-chan left I sat up and slowly and stood up then sitting back down feeling dizzy again. I stared at the wheelchair and decided I was definitely not gonna use that just to walk around my damn room. I stood up again and made my way to a chair and sat down in it going through the drawings and photos on my desk. 

Wonder who put these here. I thought to myself. 

I looked around the desk a bit more finding more of my drawing supplies and my pictures I took back in the killing game. Then I saw a note, I picked it up and read it.

Dear Kokichi Ouma, 

This is one of the operators of this program my name is irrelevant at the moment. I hope you are in good health. I am writing this to inform you on your schedule for the next few weeks. You will be taking physical and normal therapy as is everyone else. I also expect you have seen the wheelchair in your room. Do not worry it is there just in case you have any accidents, due to your severe injuries we staff wanted to make sure you're as comfortable as you can be. 

I hope the others haven't given you any trouble. If you check out your monopad  you'll see that there is a contact feature, if in case of distress you may message an operator and we will handle any dire situations you may have. Feel free to ask any more questions through your monopad. 

Have a wonderful day. 

"That was a weird ass note." I said to myself picking up my monopad and messaging the person because they said I could. 

Operator 1

Hii its Ouma ty for the note 

Anytime :)

I put down my thingy and yawned. I looked around my room a bit more, I have to admit they did a really good job. And hopefully this experience is not gonna end dreadfully. 

Thank you everyone for reading my garbage Im trying to get into something other than oumami just bare with me OwO

-EDITED 11/16/23