3

Friday rolled around soon enough, and so did seven o'clock. You and Maddy parted ways in the living room, heading to your respective bedrooms to hole up for a few hours. You plopped down into your gaming chair, slipped your headphones on and disappeared into the digital world, getting ready for the stream. 

Over the few days between when Maddy had roped you into this and now, you had done a little more light research on this Schlatt guy. Needless to say, you were happy you'd chosen host. His tweets were absolutely atrocious, his jokes were a little mean, and he gave off the vibe of an angry 42 year old, even though he was your age. 

You were confident in the decision you had made.

You took a sip of the water you had brought into your room with you (you would need it, if this was going to be the usual screaming match it usually was) and hopped into the Discord Austin had sent you. 

"And that's Y/N!" You were immediately greeted by Austin's voice. "Great, everybody's here."

"Hi guys." You said, turning on your webcam as well. 

A small chorus of hellos were returned to you - you recognized a few of the voices (Maddy, of course, Ivy and Minx) but most of them were new to you - perhaps you could make some new friends and acquaintances today as well. 

"I'm sure you all know how this works." Austin said. "Just to go over things pretty quickly - chat decides again, schlatt's going to ask the questions, you guys have to answer them, bottom three, yadda yadda yadda - let's try not to make anyone cry this time around, alright?"

"No promises." Minx said. 

Austin sighed. "Minx... I- whatever. We'll start in a few, just hang out for a minute."

The chat fell quiet then, and your phone pinged - Maddy had sent you an 8-ball game. You passed the few minutes playing with her (it was a little silly, considering she was really just sitting in the other room), and before you knew it, your screen changed, showing Austin as he greeted the chat and thanked the girl that had been entertaining them with music beforehand.

You set your phone back down on your desk, leaning back in your chair, listening to Austin prattle off the rules of the contest. You had played this game before - never won, but played nonetheless. 

The screen changed again, Austin disappearing and being replaced with a tiled screen of everyone else - Schlatt in the top right corner, and then the contestants spread out after him. You were more interested in who else was competing than you were in him - you had seen him and his mutton chops before, but some of these girls were new to you.

"Alright! Look at all these lovely faces - why don't we get these introductions started?" Austin said. "We'll have our bachelor go first, Schlatt, go ahead."

Schlatt said, nothing, just letting out a long belch as he spun around in his chair. You wrinkled your nose in distaste, and you could see one of the girls (someone with purple hair) stifling a laugh.

"Um, okay..." Austin said. "Moving along, Botez, go ahead!"

"Hi, I'm Alexandra Botez..."

The introductions went on, and you put names to the faces you didn't know. There were the people you had known, of course - Ivy with her pink fluffy afro, Minx with her heavy accent and flawless eyeliner, Maddy your lovely roommate - and the ones you hadn't (Kandy, Acid, Ellie and two girls with purple hair and British accents you knew you were going to get mixed up, Anna and Tessa). It was a lively group, each one of them bringing some knew talent to the table.

When it came time for you to introduce yourself, you waved at your camera. 

"Hi, I'm Y/N, I'm 21, I'm a streamer, I do mostly gaming and commentary stuff, you can follow me on YouTube and Twitch ad yn_yt. Happy to be here!"

Schlatt was paying you no attention, enraptured in a bowl of cereal that he had picked up from somewhere off camera. You didn't care that much - it wasn't like you were actually here for him. He slurped up some cereal before setting the bowl back down. "I have my first bottom three."

Your phone pinged and you picked it up, glancing at the notification - one of the other contestants, Tessa, had followed you on Twitter. 

"Alright Schlatt, I guess you can go ahead and send me those names." Austin said. He already sounded tired, and the game had just started - but you supposed when it came to Schlatt, that was just common. You had only just heard of him a few days ago and you had already checked out.

You followed Tessa back on Twitter, watching as she picked up her phone on screen and smiled as she saw the notification. She waved to you across the virtual room and you grinned waving back. 

The music in the background changed to something more heavy and suspenseful as Austin began to speak. "Okay. We have our first bottom three."

You glanced back to Schlatt's camera, hoping to glean any information out of him about who he had chosen. You got absolutely nothing, as he had just gone back to eating his bowl of cereal.

Austin began to list off, going in order of where the camera tiles were.

"Anna, you are safe."

"Botez, you are safe."

"Maddy, you are safe."

"Minx, you are in the bottom three." A flurry of cursing followed this statement.

"Tessa you are safe."

"Y/N, you are safe." 

You smiled, relieved that you would last at least more than one round.

"Acid, you are in the bottom three."

"Ivy you are safe."

"Kandy, you are safe."

"Ellie, you are in the bottom three."

The camera tiles were moved around, and the bottom three began to make their appeals as chat voted. You glanced at Schlatt again, to see he wasn't even looking at the screen, like he was completely detached from the goings on, even though they were centered around him. You frowned to yourself - what an ass.