4

You said goodbye to Ellie first. You felt a little bad that she had only lasted one round, but someone had to be first, and you were just happy that it wasn't you. Even though winning wasn't your goal, you wanted to last as long as you could. More time on the show meant more followers and subscribers (hopefully anyway).

"Alright!" Austin said. "Schlatt, I'm sure you had some questions prepared for all of lovely contestants, if you wanted to ask one of those now."

"Sure." Schlatt said. He reached somewhere out of the camera's range and brought out an absolutely massive stack of papers, setting them down with a slam on his desk. "I prepared a few questions." He said, looking down at his stack. "I think we'll start with something simple, uh, tell me a little bit about yourselves. Hobbies, whatever you're into... yanno, the boring shit."

"If it's boring, why are you asking?" One of the purple haired girls - Anna, you thought - asked.

Schlatt scratched at the bottom of his chin. "You can go first then Anna." He already looked checked out of the whole stream, and it was only the first question.

"Uh, okay." Anna said. "Well, I play piano-"

Schlatt snorted. "Yeah okay. Next!"

"Wait, I wasn't done-" Anna tried. 

"I'll go!" Kandy jutted in. "I like fashion, and-"

"Next." Schlatt cut her off as well, boredly picking at his fingernails now. You sighed, picking up your phone to text Maddy.

this guy sucks why does anyone even watch his stuff

On screen, you could see her pick up her phone and text you back.

idk hes on the dream smp thats basically a ticket to subs

You shot back another message.

dream picks shitty people to put on his smp then

"Y/N what about you, you haven't said much yet?"

Austin's voice made your eyes flick back up to the screen. "Um." You said, trying to think of something that you could say. What hobbies did you have other than streaming? Your eyes flitted up to the corkboard above your setup, where a few origami sticky notes were pinned - you had picked that little trick up a while ago, all the way back in highschool. Since then, you had been expanding on it, just to decorate the board and your desk. "I do origami." 

"Really?" Schlatt asked, his eyes flicking up to the screen. 

"Yeah." You said, grabbing a little fox you had made a few days ago on stream and holding it up to the camera so everyone could see. 

On screen, you could see Minx lean forward. "That's so fucking cool."

You pulled back the fox with a smile. "Thanks."

"Shut the fuck up Minx, no one cares." Schlatt said, sinking back into his seat and his persona. "Next."

You set the fox aside as the next contestant began to speak - the other purple haired girl, Tessa. "Uh...I have a photographic memory, that's kind of cool, I think."

Like pretty much everyone else, Schlatt remained unimpressed. He ticked through the rest of the group one by one, making crude jokes, slurping the milk from his cereal bowl, and dismissing everyone before they got more than a sentence in. It seemed that was going to the be the bit for this stream - especially for poor Minx. Schlatt skipped over her entirely.

"Next question!" Schlatt said, dramatically flipping a page in the large stack he had plopped on his desk. "How do you feel about Gibbon apes?"

"What?" Acid asked. "Monkeys? They're fine, I guess."

"You don't know what a Gibbon is?" Schlatt asked incredulously, getting up from his seat and revealing the shortest denim shorts you had ever seen. You choked back a surprised guffaw, and on screen, you could see Maddy's eyes widen. 

"What the fuck are you wearing?" Minx asked. 

"What?" Schlatt asked, doing a spin for the camera. "You don't like them?"

You shook your head to yourself - maybe that was why people found him entertaining, sheer shock value and odd humor. He was, to you so far, an odd mix of 'XD random lolz' and those first person shooter game videos where the guy behind the controller was 'destroying a feminazi' or whatever. It shouldn't have worked, but somehow it had earned a chuckle from you.

"Schlatt, your ass looks amazing in those shorts, give us another spin." Austin commented. 

On camera, Schlatt gave one last turn before sitting back down. "You like, Austin?"

"Oh I love." Austin said. "I should get myself a matching pair."

You snickered again, brushing a hand through your hair. You were sure that would turn into fanart at some point. 

The Gibbon conversation trailed on for a while - with Schlatt explaining exactly why he loved the monkeys so much (with a demonstration of what they sounded like that went on far too long for your liking) and gathering opinions about them from the contestants - you didn't care much one way or another, so you just shrugged. He accepted it well enough - at least he didn't shout at you like he did at Minx when she told him she thought they were stupid.

Eventually, it was time for chat to vote again. 

"Alright Schlatt, give me your bottom three."

You watched him type something off screen and send it off. 

"Okay!" Austin said a moment later. "Minx, you are in the bottom three."

"Fucking, goddammit-"

"Botez you are safe."

"Anna, you are safe."

"Kandy, you are safe."

"Acid, you are in the bottom three."

"Tessa you are safe."

"Y/N, you are safe."

"Maddy, you are safe."

"Ivy you are in the bottom three."

You frowned as Ivy was moved to the bottom row. Granted, she hadn't done a lot of speaking yet, so that was probably why, but you really hadn't either when you thought about it. The most you had talked about was origami, and that was just something you did on the side to decorate your corkboard. At least you weren't in the bottom three just yet.

Still, the votes began to roll in and you picked up your phone to play Maddy in 8-ball again, not noticing Schlatt's eyes on you through the screen.