15

You met Schlatt again the next day, camera in hand as he waited outside the barber shop you agreed to meet at. You felt much more refreshed than you had in the car yesterday, as you'd had a proper nights sleep and a hearty breakfast before you headed out to film. You brought your own vlog camera with you as well - too much footage was always better than not enough.

Schlatt waved as he saw you approach, pointing the camera in his other hand at you. "Hey."

"Heyo." You said, smiling. "Ready to lose those chops?"

Schlatt grimaced, a hand coming up to run over his jaw. "No."

"C'mon." You joked. "This was your idea, I thought you would be excited."

"You're basically asking me to cut my dick off." Schlatt griped. 

You looked pointedly at the camera in his hand. "You're not supposed to spoil the next video for the subscribers man."

Schlatt snorted, cracking a smile. "Alright, yeah, whatever, lets just get this over and done with."

Schlatt held the door open for you and you stepped into the barber shop. The place was pretty standard - small, only about four chairs, but it was filled with soft chatter as the barbers took care of their clients, and Avengers Endgame played in the background on the television above the seats. It seemed like a homey sort of place - Schlatt had said that this was the place where he usually came to get his hair cut.

Schlatt handed his camera to you. "Do you mind holding both while I lose my dignity?"

You accepted it with a smile. "Not at all." You adjusted your on camera in your hand and Schlatt's in the other so that you had control of both. Hopefully, you'd be able to get good footage from both. 

"Ay, Schlatt!"

You both turned to see one of the barbers, a shorter guys with an assortment of different colored beads hanging on the end of his locs, wearing the barbers uniform and wiping off his hands as he walked out from the back. Schlatt smiled when he saw the guy, going in for a handshake. The man reciprocated eagerly, clapping Schlatt on the back. It was a second before he noticed you standing beside Schlatt, and his smile widened. "Who's this?"

"This is Y/N." Schlatt introduced. "Y/N, this is AJ, he's my barber. We're making a video."

AJ nodded understandingly - Schlatt must have told him that he was a YouTuber of some kind. "A video, alright." He waved to the cameras in your hands. "What are we doing today then, something crazy?"

Schlatt sighed, running a hand over his jaw again, feeling the chops one last time. "Yeah, it's pretty crazy. I'm getting rid of the chops."

AJ furrowed his brow, glancing between Schlatt and you. "Really?" He said, disbelief evident in his tone. "You're going to get rid of the chops?"

"Yeah." Schlatt said solemnly. "It's time to say goodbye to the chops."

You stifled a laugh as AJ's grin turned into a solemn frown and he guided Schlatt over to one of the empty chairs. You watched as he draped the cape over his shoulders, and you settled into one of the extra seats around the place where you could get a good view of what was going on for the cameras. You set Schlatt's down at a better angle, keeping yours in hand so you could zoom when you wanted to.

AJ covered the bottom of Schlatt's face with shaving cream first, then grabbing one of the blades from the table nearby. He wiped it off with a cloth a few times - a little menacingly, if you had to admit - and then began to work on Schlatt's face taking the hair away. 

When the first strip of smooth skin was revealed, you grinned, zooming in. They were actually getting rid of the chops. 

"I'm going to look fourteen." Schlatt said, watching as AJ removed another strip of hair. "I'm going to look like a fucking highschooler now."

"It's too late now, man." AJ said. 

You watched with glee as the chops were shaved off, AJ taking them away one strip at a time, wielding the knife with practiced ease. Soon enough, Schlatt was wiping the excess shaving cream from his face, his back to the cameras. AJ cleaned off the knife, still shaking his head. 

You got up from your seat, bringing the cameras towards Schlatt. "Let's see it big guy."

Schlatt righted himself, back still to you. "It's not going to look good, just warning you."

You grinned, pointing the cameras towards him. "C'mon, c'mon."

Schlatt turned slowly until he was fully facing you and the cameras, face clean of facial hair. You blinked, taking him without the chops for the first time. He had a better jawline that you had thought he would, and without the chops you could see him smile more, when he did, bashfully. 

Without the chops, he had gone from average, to pretty good looking, and you had not been entirely prepared for it. 

"Well? You gonna stop staring and tell me how I look?" Schlatt asked. 

"Um." You said smartly. "It looks... so much better than the chops. This is ten times better, hands down."

Schlatt rolled his eyes. "Yeah, okay."

He dug his wallet out of his pocket and handed AJ a tewnty, exhcanging a few more words with a smile. You weren't paying too much attention to the conversation though, too busy watching Schlatt's dimples as he smiled, no longer semi-hidden with the facial hair. With the chops, he had looked so much older than he was - now he looked his age, and it was a really good look.

Maybe too good. 

"Ay! Earth to Y/N! You've got your camera pointed at the floor, dumbass."

You snapped back to reality, righting the camera that you had let fall. "Sorry, uh," You handed Schlatt his camera back. "Here."

Schlatt took his camera back. "What, is my clean face too distracting?"

You laughed at the joke and tried to stave off the incoming rush of butterflies when he smiled again.