17

You ended up filming a couple different thing with Schlatt - after Wii tennis, you played some Minecraft together, just fooling around and killing each other for no reason. You tried your hand at Cooking Mama with minimal success and Schlatt made a couple jokes about that stuffed baby he kept hanging from the ceiling. 

All in all, a productive day.

Schlatt ended up driving you back to your hotel, even though it wasn't too far away, saying something about how the streets weren't great at night. You appreciated the gesture, and went to bed thinking about how nice he was being.

When you woke up, you were still thinking about it. 

You stretched out on the bed, cracking your back and working the sleep out of your limbs. You grabbed your phone from the nightstand to check the time. 10:23. Not bad. Another nitification caught your attention - a text from Maddy. 

call  me when u get up!!!! i want to hear about the trip so far

You slid your feet out of bed, unlocking your phone and finding Maddy's contact. You pressed call as you got out of bed, listening to the phone ring.

Soon enough, Maddy picked up. "Good morning my love!" She sounded chipper as always - Maddy had always been a morning person, and you were sure she had been up for at least four hours before you had got out of bed. 

"Morning." You yawned. "What's up?"

"Tell me everything, that's what's up!" Maddy said. "The texts you've been sending me are super vague, I want to know how things are going!"

You hummed, setting the phone down on the dresser in front of you as you pulled out some clothes for the day. "Alright, uh... the flight was fine, I guess-"

Maddy sighed and you could hear her moving on the other end of the line. "I don't care about the plane, tell me about Schlatt!"

"Well..." You pulled a shirt out, exchanging your pajama top for it. "He's way taller than he looks on camera. I wasn't really expecting him to be that giant when he came to get me at the airport-"

"Oooh, he came to get you?" Maddy interrupted. "I thought you said you were going to just get a cab to the hotel once you landed."

"I was." You said, changing your pants as well. "But he surprised me by picking me up. It was really nice of him."

"What about the chops?" Maddy asked. "Did you guys get them shaved off yet?"

You smiled to yourself. "We did. That was actually the first thing we filmed."

Maddy gasped dramatically over the line. "And you didn't even send me a picture!"

"We kind of agreed that we weren't going to post anything because we didn't want to spoil the surprise that he doesn't have the chops anymore." You said. "But I'll ask if I can send one to you when we meet up today."

"Anything else surprising planned for filming?" Maddy asked. 

"I don't think so." You said, grabbing the phone and padding over to the bathroom. You put Maddy down on the sink before grabbing your toothbrush and brushing your teeth. When you were done, you rinsed your mouth before asking, "Anything new back there?"

"Not really." Maddy said. "The neighbors got another dog I think, but that's about it."

You looked over your hair in the mirror - still slightly damp from when you showered last night, but not looking too bad. Should be fine for another filming day. 

"Seems like you're having a good time though." Maddy said.

"Yeah." You agreed. "I am. He's nicer than I thought he would be, and without the chops he's actually pretty good looking."

Maddy laughed at that. "Oh yeah?"

You could hear the teasing inflection in her voice, and you were glad she hadn't FaceTimed you - she would have been able to tell just by the way you looked that you thought he was pretty hot and had had to really work hard to not stare when he'd gotten the chops shaved off. She would have never let you live it down either - not after you had had the opportunity to actually compete on his dating show and had instead hosted him.

"It's not like that, Maddy." You said, trying to play it off with a laugh. "I have plenty of hot friends."

"I am pretty hot, aren't I." Maddy mused. "I guess I'll let that one slide, but I'm watching you now Y/N. You don't just call everybody nice."

You pursed your lips - she was onto you. You would expect nothing less from her though. 

"What are you guys doing today?" She asked. 

"Filming some more." You said. 

"How much content are you guys making?" Maddy laughed. "You've filmed every day since you flew in, right?"

"Meetups are money machines." You said sagely, finishing up in the bathroom and grabbing your phone again, going back to the hotel room proper and plopping down in one of the plush armchairs by the window that overlooked the city. 

"I guess that's true." Maddy said. "Well, as long as you're having fun. I've got to go grocery shopping, but you better send me a picture of Schlatt with no chops, okay?"

"Okay." You said, smiling to yourself. "Will do."

"Okay." Maddy said. "Bye Y/N! Mwah!"

"Bye Maddy." You laughed as she hung up the call, and then the room was quiet, just you. You turned to look out the window, watching as cars passed by. 

You sighed. Maddy had been able to tell you were sort-of into Schlatt just from how you had talked about him. Was that going to bleed into your filming? Had it already? You would prefer the whole internet not find out that you found him attractive, if that was an option. 

You got up from the chair, still watching the world move outside. Still, this was temporary. At the end of the trip, you would fly back home and whatever hots you had for Schlatt right now would fade back into the bounds of YouTube friendship, and things would be back to normal.