7

"Maddy, shoutout your channel."

You frowned, rolling your phone over in your hand. You had known that one of you was going to go this round, but you had been hoping it would have been you first. 

"Follow me at maddy_line on Twitch, YouTube and Twitter!" Maddy said, waving at the camera. "Do it, pussies!"

"Maddy, please don't yell at the chat-"

"And I chose host, bitch!" She crowed, flipping off the camera before her screen turn black and she disappeared. You snickered to yourself, opening your text thread with her. 

fantastic exit bravo

Her reply was almost instant. 

u better win now bitch

btw im going to chick fil a while ur in there what do u want

You tapped back your response and turned your attention back to the screen. There were only four of you now - you, Botez, Minx and Tessa. All tough competition. Schlatt had yet to put you or Tessa in the bottom three, but Minx and Botez both had impressive fanbases that would vote for them every time. At the end of this round, things would get sticky, one way or another.

That was the nature of this show though. Nobody was actually here for love - they were here for clout and drama. At least, that was what you kept telling yourself to make you feel better about choosing host.

After three hours of nonstop laughter, Schlatt was starting to grow on you. Enough that you found yourself actually regretting it.

It got even worse when you made it to the top three.

"Botez, shout out your channel."

You were the only one he hadn't put in the bottom three. You had been surprised - greatly - that he would do that, after you had just been kind of rolling along, not caring one way or another, cracking jokes and teasing him incessantly, but maybe that was the entire reason he'd picked you in the end. 

Still, it was down to the bottom of the barrel now, and Maddy had said to win it. You might as well try, at this point.

"So." Schlatt said. "We're down to three."

"We are." Austin said. "This could be the deciding question, so answer it wisely." 

You watched Schlatt flip a page from his stack, clearing his throat to read out the final question. "It's down to the nitty gritty guys." He said. "Give me a final sales pitch about why you should stay in the game."

You were amused with the wording -  a sales pitch was not quite what you would call trying to appeal to someone romantically, but you could tell that Schlatt had written it himself.

"Minx, why don't you go first." Austin prompted.

"Well, Schlatt," Minx started tentatively, like she was ready for him to talk over her. Surprisingly, he didn't. "You and I have a history, you know? We're friends-"

Schlatt snorted.

Minx frowned, taken aback. "What, you don't think we're friends?"

You peeled a sticky note off one of your stacks, beginning to fold it and tuning out of the conversation. You could already sense a shouting match coming on-

"You're a fucking asshole, you know that?"

And there it was. 

Tessa's sales pitch was much better. "I genuinely think you're really funny, and you make some pretty good content. Even if there wasn't going to be any romance between us, I think you and I could make good business partners."

Schlatt nodded along as she spoke, and you pressed down the corners of your sticky note, creasing along the edges to make it hold it's shape. 

"Alright Y/N, go ahead." Austin said.

You smiled at your camera. "I don't really have much to bring to the table in the way, but I do have this." You held up the little origami heart that you had made to the camera, so that Schlatt could see it. You had made millions of them before, and they were pinned all over your corkboard, just as decoration. 

"Did you just make that?" He asked. 

"Yeah." You said. "It's for you. I don't really have anything else."

Schlatt laughed lightly. "Alright then."

The music in the background of the stream changed, and your heart sunk slightly - you were probably done now. 

"Schlatt!" Austin said. "As you know since there are only three of our original contestants left, no one is safe from chat. It is time for you to make your appeal to them and hope they have your best interest in heart."

This was it. Either you or Tessa was going home. There was no way Minx was going out, no matter what Schlatt said. You looked to the screen, taking in Tessa's relaxed slouch in her chair. She seemed completely unbothered on screen, but you knew she must be thinking much the same. 

"Chat." Schlatt said. "I need you to think of me here. I know you all like Minx, and that you probably won't vote her out, but I'm asking you to now." 

"You asshole-"

"Like she said," Schlatt continued. "We have history, and I'm looking for something fresh. So if you guys actually have my best interest in mind, you'll vote her out."

"Alright, alright." Austin said. "The poll is up - remember chat, you're voting for who you want to stay, not go. Stay not go. We'll leave that there for a minute..."

Even though you had come into this not caring, you were nervous now, facing the possibility of ending here. You had made it all the way to the round before last, and you had a sinking feeling that this might be it. Granted, it was probably better that you ended it here, instead of making it to the end, end and having Schlatt find out you chose host on him-

"Oh my god." Austin said. You could hear the surprise and shock in his voice. 

"What?" Tessa asked. 

"I think, for the first time in Love or Host history, chat has actually listened to someone." Austin said. 

"Wait." Minx said. 

"Minx," Austin sounded almost giddy. "Shout out your channel."

"Wait." She said again, glancing between her second screen and her camera. "You're kidding."

You were going to the final round.