16

From there, you had wandered around with Schlatt for a while, just fooling around for the cameras. The more time you spent with him, the more he was growing on you - like some sort of parasite. In person, he was even nicer than he had been even just one on one online. It wasn't too noticeable though - he showed his kindness in small ways, like holding the door open for an elderly woman or kicking a trash can away from the wall so a stray cat could scurry behind it to where her kittens were wailing. He didn't say anything about it, and you wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't been looking.

You had been though. It had been hard to take your eyes off him since you left the barber shop.

When you had gotten back to your hotel after you had decided to call it a day for shooting you had immediately shoved your head into the pillows on the bed. You hadn't been prepared for this - you hadn't expected him to look so good without the chops, and to be so nice in person. It was doing things to you that you didn't like.

Still, you had decided that it wasn't a big deal. You had plenty of attractive friends that you didn't have a crush on. You were experienced in the field - it would be easy to just take a deep breath and set the butterflies aside. 

That was what you had said, at least. 

You pressed on the button for the doorbell, hearing the chimes go off inside the house. You were meeting up at his place today, to do a couple videos for his channel. Finding the place had been relatively easy, and from the outside, it didn't look like too much - a simple townhome wedged between two others like every other house on the street. Nothing too wild.

You only had to wait a moment before Schlatt opened the door, grinning slightly when he saw you. "Hey." He said, opening the door wider. "Come on in, make yourself at home."

"Thanks." You said, stepping into the house and taking a look around. It was a little cramped, but homey, with band posters and video game art framed on the walls. The furnishing was mismatched, but it looked like somewhere a twenty something year old YouTuber would live. You smiled - it looked like Schlatt, in a backwards kind of way. "Not what I was expecting, but it's nice."

Schlatt closed the door behind you, following you into the house. "Not what you were expecting how?"

You shrugged. "You kind of seem like the kind of guy who lives in a basement." 

He huffed out a laugh, stepping past you and going around a corner. "Wait 'til you see where we're filming."

You followed him, curious, to see a flight of stairs leading down. You laughed a little and followed him down, coming into the room that you had seen in his videos - washing machine in the background and all. 

"This is where the magic happens." Schlatt joked, gesturing around the place. 

"Alright." You said, heading over towards his computer. "You never told me what you wanted to do today." You said. "I mean, I assumed some kind of gaming, since that's usually what you do, but..."

"Oh yeah we're gaming today." Schlatt said, stretching his arms up over his head. His fingers scraped across the ceiling. "Ever played Wii tennis?"

You smiled. "Of course I've played Wii tennis." You said. "I'm pretty good at it too, if I do say so myself."

"Well, we'll see about that." Schlatt said. "You know what they call me?"

"What?"

"They call me the god of Wii tennis."

From there, it was easy to get everything set up for the video. Schlatt did a couple different intros - introducing you to the camera, making a few jokes about how you had broken his heart on love or host. There would be a promotional bit that he would film later (some RPG type game sponsor). You made your Miis' - which was a whole ordeal in itself, since Schlatt had the genius idea that you would make him, and he would make you (needless to say, neither of the Miis' looked anything like either of you). But soon enough, you were standing next to Schlatt, Wiimote in your hand, ready to go.

Schlatt served first, sending the ball over to you. It was easy enough to hit it away - your swing didn't have to be particularly accurate, the timing was the most important thing. Schlatt hadn't been lying when he had been doing that trash talk - soon enough you had a volley going, a back and forth getting more and more intense as it continued. 

"Take that!" Schlatt said, swinging his arm out wide. 

You pursed your lips, just barely making the hit.

Schlatt frowned, winding up for another swing. You could see it coming before it happened - he swung too strong and wide and you ducked your head, his hand slicing through through the air centimeters above your head. 

"Oh shit!" Schlatt said, reaching out and grabbing your arm. "Did I hit you? I didn't mean to - shit-"

You barely heard him though, returning the ball and grinning when it hit the ground on his side of the net. It took him a second to notice, as almost hitting you had distracted him and given you the perfect opportunity to score. 

Schlatt blinked blankly at the screen, still holding onto your arm. "What the hell."

You shrugged, grinning. "Shouldn't have got distracted."

Schlatt spluttered, releasing your arm to playfully knock you aside instead. "I was making sure you were okay, asshole!" He sounded mad, but you could see the ghost of a smile paying around the corners of his lips. "What the fuck - I could have fucking killed you!"

You just laughed, cracking your neck, your own devious smile crinkling the corners of your mouth.

"Whatever, dickwad." Schlatt said, refocusing on the screen. "Serve the goddamn ball."

You did so with a smile, delving back into the game.