Chapter 1 - Alice Academy

"You can't be fucking serious." Suminako stood frozen by the door, looking at the love of her life in bed with another woman, overwhelmed by disgust and betrayal. "I did everything for you, just because I sincerely believed you really loved me. I really thought what I did is enough, but you..." Her voice cracked. She is at a loss for words as tears were streaming down her cheeks uncontrollably.

She really had enough of everything she has gone through for her entire life, only to find out it was all a lie in the end. Even the person she trusted and loved the most was just using her as a pawn to his game. For her to be used to such an extent, it was only because she holds the most value out of every other card.

"Foolish woman," said the man with an icy stare.

"I have never loved you from the beginning."

Those cold words pierced through her heart like an arrow, the pain was immense for her to bear. There was far too much weight on her shoulders, she could no longer handle it.

There was no meaning left in her life, so... she took her own life.

Suminako's POV

"Alice Academy..." I mumbled to myself as I stared outside the window of the train.

I left my house in the middle of the night to catch the last train to Tokyo. I know it's inconsiderate of me that I just left without any farewells, but I just wanted to see Taka-kun again, even if it's just one look before going back home. That was what I thought at first, little did I know I'd never gotten to go back after I arrived in front of the gates of the academy.

Taka-kun or his actual name is Utsumo Takanashi, is my childhood friend. He's just one year older than me, but I like being around him. He lives next door with his parents, and we go to the same school as well. That is until I overheard his parent's conversation in their kitchen. They talked about how Taka-kun will have to be transferred to Alice Academy because the people of the academy found out he has an Alice.

I know about the academy and 'Alices' from Zeka, my best friend.

Akashiro Zeka, the world's top idol nicknamed 'Mystical Girl'. I still remember the incident where she disappeared into thin air mysteriously after her last performance from a year ago, and it became the sensational headlines. But I know about her whereabouts since she has been sending me letters from the academy ever since then. She mentioned being kidnapped by a blonde-haired lad who is her homeroom teacher in the academy.

I did leave a letter of notice on my study table for Jii-san to find, regarding my absence and that I'll be sure to come right back the very next day.

"I just hope Jii-san won't get so mad at me for just leaving without letting him know," I mumbled to myself as I rested my tired eyes.

"Wow..." I found myself in front of the gates of Alice Academy after walking around mindlessly. I'm a person who has absolutely no sense of directions, but who knew that getting lost would get me here? The academy is huge, and the security staff is mean too. He wouldn't let me in since I'm an outsider, but luckily I came prepared.

Zeka mailed me some sort of Alice-made shoes that would allow me to walk on the walls. So I simply put them on and put one foot on the wall, and to my surprise, the shoe is sticking onto the walls! I was overjoyed as I quickly made my way up and jumped over the pointy fences on top of the tall walls. Unfortunately, I jumped a little too far.

"Waahh!" I yelled as I fell from above. Even worse, a guy is standing right in front of the walls with some flame in his palm. He looked up in my direction after hearing my scream with his eyes widened. Unable to react in time, I crashed onto him and we both landed on the hard ground with me on top of him.