The New Guys Pt.2

Clary woke in bed the next mornging finally feeling like she slept well. She slipped out of bed and streched her body making pops and cracks as she walked into the bathroom. She slipped what little clothes she had on off and got in the shower. When she finished she came out of the bathroom smelling like vanilla and soap. She put on some blue boyfriend jeans and a black tight fitting v-neck shirt. She put on some red shoes and walked out of her room when she bumped into Parker as he walked out of his room.

"Good morning Miss.Clarissa" He said to her as he smirked. Clary smiled at him and said morning back as she walked with him to the kitchen. But on the walk there he slipped his hand into hers slightly surprising Clary but she didn't pull her hand away. She just kept it between them as they walked together.

As they walked into the kitchen the ordor of Izzy's cooking filled their noses. Clary looked over at the raven haired girl and chuckled. Somethings just never change.

"Clary" Simon squeezed out. As Clary turned her head she could already feel the tears welling up in her eyes. She ran at him and hugged him. Hugged him so hard his back cracked a little. He whispered down in her ear 'I missed you so much Clary' While they hugged. That was until a throat being cleared broke them apart. 'God what's with people and clearing their throat. It's pissing me off' Clary had thought. Until she turned around everyone was looking at Parker and the newly arrived Amanda.

"Clary care to tell me who these people are?" Jace spoke up from behind the kitchen table. But Clary didn't look back she just spoke very clearly.

"Everyone this is Amanda and Parker. They're going to be staying her for a little"

"When did they get here?!" Izzy asked with a strain in her voice. Clary moved across the room and locked hands with Parker and walked him over to the island and sat down.

"Pretty late last night. Everyone was asleep so they both went right to bed" She said looking at Izzy.

"Anyway enough with the awkwardness my name Is Jean and this is Jace" Jean spoke pointing to herself and Jace.

Clary couldn't help but groan when she heard Jean's voice.

"Next time you invite some random shadow hunters into the institute you should probably tell us Clary.... But it's nice to meet you too. I'm Izzy and that guy behind you is Simon" Izzy proclaimed as she walked away from the stove after taking the pan of whatever was burning and walked to Simon, and whispered something in his ear. Making him chuckle.

He moved over to the stove and put the pan in the sink and started to make something.

After a awkward silence everyone started to talk to the people around them except Jace. Jace was staring at Clary who was blushing at what Parker had to say.

Right when Parker put her hand on Clary's thigh Jace jumped to his feet and out of his chair as fast as possible and almost shouted.

"Clary can I talk to you outside?" Everyone looked at him.

"Jace are you okay?" Jean asked but he ignored her and walked over to Clary and waited until she got up from her seat with a groan of annoyance.

He dragged her by her wrist into the hall way leaving everyone sitting quietly. That was until Amanda got up from her seat next to Parker and walked over to Jean and sat down.

"I'm Amanda. It's lovely to meet you" She said winking at the end causing Jean to blush and Parker to role his eyes while everyone else just kinda looked at the two very different girls interacting.

In the hall way Jace had walked Clary and himself far enough from the kitchen door so no one would hear them talking.

"What do you want Jace?" Clary asked as she rolled her eyes up at him.

"Who is that guy and why is he touching your thigh like that?!" He asked. His voice was strained and his eyes were wide.

"Why does it matter to you? You're engaged to Jean little miss perfect" She said poking his chest.

"She isn't perfect only you're perfect." Jace whispered as he got closer to her. No one had been that close to her in so long, and let alone it be Jace she couldn't help the need to push closer to him. That's when he took her by the side and pushed her to the wall and connected their lips. Fire shooting all through their bodies as they touched for the first time in almost 2 years. Angle he had missed her lips. All of her. He has missed all of her so much that when he kissed Jean he had to picture Clary just to get through it.

Clary immediately pushed him away. Her eyes blazing with anger. But in the corners you could see the tears forming. She hadn't wanted to push away she wanted to really pull him closer and to call him his again but all those thoughts were gone.

"Don't you care ever do that again!" She yelled at him. Jace's heart broke all over again in his chest. Those brief seconds of their lips touching and the humming of her heart through her chest against his had brought him false hope and he could physically feel another part of his heart chip away.

"Clary please I'm sorry I thought-"

"Well you thought fucking wrong! Don't touch me" She screamed and walked away from him. Leaving Jace a pile of broken pieces.